Quantcast

Neutral light failing

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Blackbird

Reaction score
Hi,

I have bought a Vmax 1700 for 2 days and I see that the neutral light under the speedometer doesn’t come on. Everything works well, the N appears in the indicator gear (digital dash). Anyone know what can be? Is it a possible to replace that bulb led? How to do it?
Thanks in advance!!!

one2dmax

Reaction score
I can't recall what the resolution to this problem was but would actually like to know as well since I have a 2010 that came in with this same issue.
\

Itgoes

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gear indicator switch? I remember a few people having problems with it and just cleaned it up a bit and were OK then.

Blackbird

Reaction score
Thanks. I have tried but when I took it, oil started get out. How do I stop the oil flow???

Itgoes

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have tried but when I took it, oil started get out. How do I stop the oil flow???
I've never had one out so I don't know but, I'd suggest getting the bike off the side stand and standing it up straight.

one2dmax

Reaction score
Either drain the oil or let it flow while you're cleaning it and then refill whatever amount is lost (using the sight glass)

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
i have a 2016 vmax and the neutral light stays on no matter what gear your in going down the road
Mine was, emphasis on was, doing the same thing. It was bright in neutral. But in every other gear it was lit, but very dim. Now it just don't come on at all. Installed a new neutral switch same thing. Now it's time to trace wires unfortunately.... On a 2018. Gear indicator still works, just no neutral light. My OCD refuses to just let it go, and besides if it's there it should work.

2017VMax

Reaction score
Mine was, emphasis on was, doing the same thing. It was bright in neutral. But in every other gear it was lit, but very dim. Now it just don't come on at all. Installed a new neutral switch same thing. Now it's time to trace wires unfortunately.... On a 2018. Gear indicator still works, just no neutral light. My OCD refuses to just let it go, and besides if it's there it should work.
Did you ever figure this out. I just noticed my neutral light stays on all the time now too. If I switch to neutral and then a gear it goes out for a bit but ultimately back on. Sometimes dim and can get bright.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out. I just noticed my neutral light stays on all the time now too. If I switch to neutral and then a gear it goes out for a bit but ultimately back on. Sometimes dim and can get bright.

No I haven't. Haven't had the time to mess with it unfortunately.

Latest posts