**New Kosman 18" Weldup Wheel**

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is!! I will post more details later.

Attachments

• DSC01650cpy.jpg
    DSC01650cpy.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC01653cpy.jpg
    DSC01653cpy.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC01654cpy.jpg
    DSC01654cpy.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC01655cpy.jpg
    DSC01655cpy.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC01656cpy.jpg
    DSC01656cpy.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 144
I recommend trying the innovative beads for balancing and get rid of the metal slug on your wheel

wheel looks good FPC the offset looks real good also.
where did you score the frame braces and who makes them?
Chris :punk:

I had to use the washer swap method to gain enough spacing. In doing this I was left with about 1/16" of clearance to the drive side of the swingarm. The wheel was also a lot more challenging to install. I put the bike on the center stand and removed the stock rear wheel. The brake rotor was left off until I had the wheel in position and sitting on the final drive hub. I also had a rag over the clamp end of the swingarm to prevent damage to my newly coated wheel. Lastly the rear suspension(shocks) also had to be removed so the swingarm could be manuevered inside the wheel during installation. After the installation I must say it looks dam good and rides real nice too. I will be getting a radial up front and make sure shes installed before next riding season. Thanks for all your help!

FPC, bike looks great and so does the wheel - very nice job!

What was the cost of the rear wheel?

Again, looks very good

Mike

wheel looks good FPC the offset looks real good also.
where did you score the frame braces and who makes them? :punk:
Chris, I got them from Exactrep. Their kinda pricy, but they set the bike off and perform well too. They shipped really fast, 4 days from the UK.

WHAT DID THEY CHARGE FOR THE WHEEL ?, WHAT WAS THE TURN AROUND TIME ? , & WHAT SIZE TIRE DID YOU GO WITH ? MAN THE BIKE LOOKS GREAT ! WHERE DID YOU GET THE FRAME BRACES ? :punk:

FPC, bike looks great and so does the wheel - very nice job!

What was the cost of the rear wheel?

Again, looks very good

Mike

Price from Kosman for the modification $595. Cost of powdercoating locally $140. I reused the bearings but replaced the seals so i have about $10 in seals. For a total of about $750 + shipping to and from Kosman. Other than that nothing extra but the cost of the tire.

that looks like a damn good idea!
Anyone using them?
we have used them in truck tires & big lifted pick-up truck tires , with great results , but never in motorcycle tires , and all of the boro road dept. Trucks use them !

The center rubbers have survived on all the wheels we have done. They even survive chroming!

Sean

Hey there Sean, I'm preparing to powder coat my wheels and saw your post here. What are your (and others with experience in doing this) thoughts/suggestions on the bearings? I tried getting them out last night but didn't get them. I didn't spend a lot of time on them because I didn't want to f them up. I just couldn't get a good bite.

Am I wrong in thinking as long as I mask them off they'll survive the heat?

They may survive but the grease will coke up and be nearly impossible to remove the residue. It's best to take out the bearings. You will end up likely destroying the cage bearing on the drive side but the other side should come out. Use a punch from the drive side and you should be able to shift the inner spacer over enough to get a bite on the bearing from the back side. Work it a bit at a time in various spots around the bearing. Then once it's out you can try to get the cage bearing out from the two access slots cut into the stop from the backside of that bearing.

Sean

the haynes manual says to use a 18mm socket with a mallet to drive them out.. not sure if that helps or not..

mine were removed prior to p/c'ing...

:ummm:
Anyone tried contacting Kosman lately for a rear wheel conversion? I have tried several times by email and by phone to work out the details to get my rear converted to 17". This is the response I got through email.

June 9 2009

"We have started welding up VMAX wheels recently, but the boss isn't as happy as he could be with it, and he's thinking of a better way to go about it."

"I recommend checking back with us in a few weeks and see where we've gone with the new idea."

I've also tried by phone two days this week and both times they said they would have the boss call me back, but I have yet to hear anything.:confused2:

Back