New LED tail/brake light...thanx Lankeeyankee!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Reaction score
I have been throughly disgusted w/ the stock tail/brake light setup as well as the indicators. Lankeeyankee has put together a beautifully easy replacement in LED that replaces the reflector on the back of the grab bar. Too easy to do and well priced as well. I love what it has done to the look of the bike. I highy recommend anyone looking to do this to save themselves time and money and contact Lankeeyankee. I aslo picked up a set of `vmaxicator` indicators from mnmax. They are halogen, very bright, even in daylight. Much better than the lollipops I used to have. I did blow a fuse today after I put them in. Not sure what that was all about. Will just have to watch and assess.
I hope you enjoy the pics. Those in the east-northeast, notice the sunshine!!! I went riding today in shorts and a t-shirt. Love the forum guys. I appreciate all the info you all put out. I still have a litany of mods I want to do, but this is what I've done so far. Thanks again Lankeeyankee.

Lundy

2000 vmax
kerker 4-2-1 pipes
stage 7 jetting
"crimp-splice" fix
R1 r/r
drag bars w/ barend mirrors
LED barke/tail light
mini indicators

Attachments

• bf 1.jpg
    bf 1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 78
  • bf 2.jpg
    bf 2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 75
  • bf 3.jpg
    bf 3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 61
  • bf 4.jpg
    bf 4.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 91
  • a 1.jpg
    a 1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 86
  • a 2.jpg
    a 2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 169
  • a 3.jpg
    a 3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 84
  • a 4.jpg
    a 4.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 121
  • a 5.jpg
    a 5.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 73
I have been throughly disgusted w/ the stock tail/brake light setup as well as the indicators. Lankeeyankee has put together a beautifully easy replacement in LED that replaces the reflector on the back of the grab bar. Too easy to do and well priced as well. I love what it has done to the look of the bike. I highy recommend anyone looking to do this to save themselves time and money and contact Lankeeyankee. I aslo picked up a set of `vmaxicator` indicators from mnmax. They are halogen, very bright, even in daylight. Much better than the lollipops I used to have. I did blow a fuse today after I put them in. Not sure what that was all about. Will just have to watch and assess.
I hope you enjoy the pics. Those in the east-northeast, notice the sunshine!!! I went riding today in shorts and a t-shirt. Love the forum guys. I appreciate all the info you all put out. I still have a litany of mods I want to do, but this is what I've done so far. Thanks again Lankeeyankee.

Lundy

2000 vmax
kerker 4-2-1 pipes
stage 7 jetting
"crimp-splice" fix
R1 r/r
drag bars w/ barend mirrors
LED barke/tail light
mini indicators

I'm surprised Vespa man is good at anything. Maybe it's just scooters he sucks at.

Jake

i still think it might be lankee's alter-ego

I don't know.............I think he'd be a lot more subtle that to have Tenn. as his location.

Lankee may very well have drawn the attention of the Gay Scooter Mafia..........and I just don't know what to do to help him. :ummm:

I'll be honest, the thought of 'The Yankee' being decended upon by a bunch of limp wristed, spike haired, studded collar wearing faggots gives me the screaming, drizzling, blue bellied shits!!!

Anybody else feel that way?

Is there a LED tail to replace the OEM location but with a sleeker housing? I seem to remember a cats eye type by custom dynamics but i don't see it on their site anymore. I sort of like the monstermax one but its too pricey and not quite the shape I'm looking for.

Is there a LED tail to replace the OEM location but with a sleeker housing? I seem to remember a cats eye type by custom dynamics but i don't see it on their site anymore. I sort of like the monstermax one but its too pricey and not quite the shape I'm looking for.

I do not want to rain on anybody's sales here. But since you asked, try this guy.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-V-max-Vmax-Rear-Reflector-BRAKE-LIGHT-Kit_W0QQitemZ350153482687QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item350153482687&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A64|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

It's not as nice as the custom dynamics unit, but it cost $100 less. He doesn't have one listed right now. But, I know for a fact that he also makes a LED setup for about $50. I purchased one last year, been happy with it and it fits perfect in the reflector opening. And if your looking for a tail light. These are nice for the money. http://www.motorcyclemods.com/

Does that light completely fill the recessed area where the reflector mounts?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but It looks like the outer edges are still exposed?

Mitchell, the light does fill the recess completely, there are no exposed edges at all. I think you're looking at the chrome housing around the LED. My camera isn't all that good!

The LED unit fits very well and, even tho my pics of it suck, looks nice.

it seems that all that has in it is a 194 automotive bulb not very bright and single filiment bulb means brake or running not both. i have one of lankees lights fills the reflector hole very well and give you brake and running leds its a nice conversion for the $$$.
Chris

Theres a few out there like this one, prices vary from about $130-150.

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 46
I do not want to rain on anybody's sales here. But since you asked, try this guy.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-V-max-Vmax-Rear-Reflector-BRAKE-LIGHT-Kit_W0QQitemZ350153482687QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item350153482687&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A64|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

It's not as nice as the custom dynamics unit, but it cost $100 less. He doesn't have one listed right now. But, I know for a fact that he also makes a LED setup for about $50. I purchased one last year, been happy with it and it fits perfect in the reflector opening. And if your looking for a tail light. These are nice for the money. http://www.motorcyclemods.com/

Mitchell thats not even a piece to compare to what I make.. That isnt an LED and its only a one purpose light, either a tail or a brake light.
I have one of these if you like and I will even beat the price 25.00 shipped but its junk,, but its an LED with a rubber seal around it, I was going to sell them cheaper then my orginal setup but I wouldnt put it on my bike so I wouldnt anyone else to expect to put it on theres.
You can put umbrella away now the Yankee parade has resumed with sunny skies in the forecast.

Mitchell thats not even a piece to compare to what I make.. That isnt an LED and its only a one purpose light, either a tail or a brake light.
I have one of these if you like and I will even beat the price 25.00 shipped but its junk,, but its an LED with a rubber seal around it, I was going to sell them cheaper then my orginal setup but I wouldnt put it on my bike so I wouldnt anyone else to expect to put it on theres.
You can put umbrella away now the Yankee parade has resumed with sunny skies in the forecast.

No thanks, I already have a dual purpose LED light and I know what you use. I simply wanted to give someone ideas on whats available out there.

Last edited:
There's alway's the one that Ragingmain is working on too, the one with the scrolling readout.

I like that everyone has just a little different set up.

Back