New LED tail/brake light...thanx Lankeeyankee!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running a red one for the past three seasons with no issues and my buddy has a clear one that's been on his for even longer with no issues.

I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Chris

Yup, its just one of those things that are on the books but rarely rarely gets enforced. Just like aftermarket exhausts. You be amaized how many states have the "thou shalt not alter your vehicles exhaust" laws on thier books.

We have that up here, and none of my vehicles have ever kept the factory exhaust on it more then a few months. with the exception of a noise violation on my truck, I'm citation free.

So +1, I wouldn't worry about the tail light. As long as it glows red, then your in good shape. Besides, I would say a good majority of ppl have no clue what is stock or aftermarket anyway.

All that means that in certain states there are restrictions on lens colors. State law as a rule can be more restrictive than federal law.

I didn't know about this and since I just installed a clear lense on my brake/taillight LED decided to call the shop where I get the bike inspected.
They told me that my set-up is okay to pass NYS inspection. FWIW

Sounds good to me. And the beauty of LEDs is even with a smoked lens, they are plenty bright enough for people to see.

I somehow lost the lense on my reflector replacement led light. Just red leds showing and the light was on the bike when I bought it. Any ideas on where to get a lense or do I need to replace the whole light as a unit. It got two rows of leds with dual function and I'd like to keep that.

Latest posts

Back