New Max: Will you buy one?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, if the latest rumors are true...150 RWHP, fuel injected, likely improved handling and brakes, and $13k base list price...

Will you buy one? Wait a year or so and snag a used one? Can you stand it?

I think I'm going to start regularly stuffing my virtual coffee can now in anticipation of the new bike. :hmmm:

I doubt I would buy anew one, in a year or two there will be low milage used ones to be had for a little over halfthe price of new...IMO

My plan is to wait for someone to say "Whoa, way too fast...getting a Harley". You know, the usual stuff. Then, I'll buy it used.

I doubt I would buy anew one, in a year or two there will be low milage used ones to be had for a little over halfthe price of new...IMO
Around here, a one year old stock VMax is maybe $1,000 less than a brand new one that has just gone up a few hundred dollars. Even a 3-4 year old stock, mint bike is over 8K, depending on miles. Maybe you will get really lucky on a deal tho, it does happen, I'm not usually that lucky. I try not to buy a first or second year model because it takes manufacturing planrs that long to get the big bugs out, especially if they are pushing any limits. I guess I'll wait a year and buy new or wait 4 years and buy a 2-3 year old bike. I've got a 98 and it seems like it will go a long time, it's still fun for me. We'll see. I'm glad they are making the move now and it's good to have options.

Steve

I'm interested in one but, won't buy the first year model. Always a few kinks for the factory to work out of a completely new model.

Hmm.. good question... maybe the question is which one would you buy in this comparison

Attachments

• vmax-bking.jpg
    vmax-bking.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 37
Hmm.. good question... maybe the question is which one would you buy in this comparison

Shoot me now but I think the B-king looks better, mostly because the tail section on the Vmax looks horrible. I hope the tail section is a yet to be finalized mockup because right now it looks like the head on a Beluga Whale.

Shoot me now but I think the B-king looks better, mostly because the tail section on the Vmax looks horrible. I hope the tail section is a yet to be finalized mockup because right now it looks like the head on a Beluga Whale.

Really???.....I'll agree with the tail section part, but the rest of the B-King looks like a transformer to me, and while they were cool/fun to play with when I was a kid, I don't really want to ride one around town....lol....and then there is the whole craving a double whopper with cheese every time I tell someone the name of my bike...LMAO!!!!

Very true. Mind you the picture I used is not the final release of the VMax, so I would *hope* they change the tail section. But the lower rad setup on the Max still looks rediculous. Notice the Zuki has a 2 rad setup and it is tucked up nice.

I do not want one.I almost have mine to where I want it.After I get the flatslides on nitrous is the last step.I would prefer to restore my 72 H2 after my max is done than to buy a new max.And the payment book that goes along with it.I am also starting to think an FZ1 would be cool.

Very true. Mind you the picture I used is not the final release of the VMax, so I would *hope* they change the tail section. But the lower rad setup on the Max still looks rediculous. Notice the Zuki has a 2 rad setup and it is tucked up nice.

Yea, the lower radiator is my other gripe about how it looks also...

I do not want one.I almost have mine to where I want it.After I get the flatslides on nitrous is the last step.I would prefer to restore my 72 H2 after my max is done than to buy a new max.And the payment book that goes along with it.I am also starting to think an FZ1 would be cool.

Yeah, if it 'only' has 150 horse, I'll keep my old one which is great for comfort and the long cruise and my fZ-1 will still be as fast or faster than the new Max and still be a better canyon carver . . .

I am interested, but would have to buy a used one in a few years lest cause a divorce. I like the FZ1, I sat on one at the stealer and the ergonomics were absolutely, stunningly perfect (I actually thought for a fleeting second that I shoulda waited and bought one of those instead), but the fairing would have to go. I am not sure if I could give up that V4 exhaust note for the wind up toy sound though.

The B-King is cool, but the exhaust design makes me want to vomit.

I presently have a 2006 Vmax ( after years and years I finally got it. ) and to tell you the truth, I seen the new vmax concepts on various web sites and realized...if I wanted a beautiful piece of motorcycle history before they go and F$%! the bike up completely, make it look like a giant piece of plastic, or something out of the Next Generation of Star Trek, I better take the plunge and buy one now. I had a poster in my shop in 1989 of the Vmax and to ME the bike is still astounding. Sure it may need some improvements in Handling and comfort....But isn't there enough companies out there that have these issues mastered?

I don't know...when I see everybody waiting for the legendary V-max to change into something that looks like any other bike..it makes me kinda sad.

I presently have a 2006 Vmax ( after years and years I finally got it. ) and to tell you the truth, I seen the new vmax concepts on various web sites and realized...if I wanted a beautiful piece of motorcycle history before they go and F$%! the bike up completely, make it look like a giant piece of plastic, or something out of the Next Generation of Star Trek, I better take the plunge and buy one now. I had a poster in my shop in 1989 of the Vmax and to ME the bike is still astounding. Sure it may need some improvements in Handling and comfort....But isn't there enough companies out there that have these issues mastered?

I don't know...when I see everybody waiting for the legendary V-max to change into something that looks like any other bike..it makes me kinda sad.

Good points, if they could have upgraded the motor, in terms of HP and cooling issues, the brakes, and handeling, while leaving the looks/styling closer to the original I would be the first in line for a new one as it is, I could take it or leave it....but if I bought one, it would definatly be sitting in my garage next to the classic....If you took the scoops off the new bike it would have allmost nothing in common with the old MAx..

I'll wait a couple of years to see if they work the bugs out (if any) and buy used.

Only if I won the lotto, so I really can't see that happening. I would like to ride one to see and feel the difference first. I still wouldn't sell the old one either. It's here to stay !

Plus it's too much fun changing the Max to the way I want it, it may take me 10 years but that's half the fun right ?

If it looks like the spy pictures I've seen, I am DEFINITELY buying one--first year, brand new. I've been continuously modifying my '98 for better suspension, brakes and overall handling and while it's come a long way, I would love to have a brand new, fuel-injected model with radial tires, big brakes and more horsepower.

With the exception of track bikes, I will only buy a new bike. (Unlses it's something rare or a super great deal.) I like knowing what has been done to the bike since mile 0.

Back