New Tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimmie

Reaction score
Just got my new tires on today. 170 in the rear and 120 up front. Both Metzeler ME880's. Haven't really messed with 'em to much as they're still slick. They really ride good. A lot better than the wore out stock tires:biglaugh:. I'll get a few miles on 'em and see what's up.

I just got Metzler ME880 170's in the rear and Metzler Lazertec 110's up front.... you aren't kidding about a better ride... I still can't believe the difference!

Jeff

Yeah, I put about 80 miles on these this afternoon and they handle great, ride great, and look great. Feels like a whole new bike. Now, I don't have much to compare these to but so far I really like them. Still learning the bike and how it handles. So far it's great.

Yeah I love my Metzler ME880 up front its my first choice for a front tire and my Second choice for the rear,, hmmm maybe third I do like the Michelin on the rear, just expensive.

Yeah I love my Metzler ME880 up front its my first choice for a front tire and my Second choice for the rear,, hmmm maybe third I do like the Michelin on the rear, just expensive.

I'm curious, I absolutely HATE Michelin car/light truck tires, but I've heard lots of folks that love their motorcycle and scooter tires. Are their M/C tires actually better than their car tires? At this point it's just curiousity as I just ordered a pair of Metzler radials for my bike, but I'm still kind of interested.

Not to get too far off topic, but I had a set of Michelins on my Jeep, and they were very slippery after the tread was worn down a little bit more than half way down, and a local tire shop explained that they use a harder compound rubber for the second half of the tread, and a softer compound for the initial portion which is how they get their good traction rating as well as a good wear rating (sort of fooling the tests).

-MikeS

I'm curious, I absolutely HATE Michelin car/light truck tires, but I've heard lots of folks that love their motorcycle and scooter tires. Are their M/C tires actually better than their car tires? At this point it's just curiousity as I just ordered a pair of Metzler radials for my bike, but I'm still kind of interested.

Not to get too far off topic, but I had a set of Michelins on my Jeep, and they were very slippery after the tread was worn down a little bit more than half way down, and a local tire shop explained that they use a harder compound rubber for the second half of the tread, and a softer compound for the initial portion which is how they get their good traction rating as well as a good wear rating (sort of fooling the tests).

-MikeS

Personally I don't give the frogs my business... Nothing against the French citizens though...

I have Metz on both my bikes and they are the bomb!

Back