No pressure in the clutch lever!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicineman843

Reaction score
My clutch was acting a little weird. Usually the friction point is in the first inch, It was near the middle/ end. so I tried to bleed some air out. Now I have no pressure in the line what so ever. I don't have a mityvac, Any advice??

Clamp the hose somewhere below master cylinder and sqeeze lever. If it goes rock hard...like me after seeing Brian's avatars....the master cylinder is good. Could be a bad slave cylinder.

My master cylinder went out a couple weeks ago. Clamping the hose is a good suggestion to verify which cylinder is bad. After rebuild, I had to bleed through the top by turning the master cylinder so that it was the highest point. Squeeze the lever slowly and keep the fluid level up in the master. Eventually the bubbles quit and I now have full travel... Clutch works fine..

You probably have air trapped up by the banjo bolt. Trying to bleed it down at the slave usually makes it worse. Try loosening the banjo bolt and bleed there first. Use lots and lots of rags to cover your bike and sop up any fluid that comes out - cause you know it is really bad on paint.

Works for me every time.

You probably have air trapped up by the banjo bolt. Trying to bleed it down at the slave usually makes it worse. Try loosening the banjo bolt and bleed there first. Use lots and lots of rags to cover your bike and sop up any fluid that comes out - cause you know it is really bad on paint.

Works for me every time.

or:

http://www.2wheelpros.com/lightech-...n-single-banjo-bolt-with-bleeder-2356662.html

i got a double banjo to try to help my brake. hopefully try it out soon.

I had this problem after a conventional clutch bleed. Turns out I had to reverse bleed it to fix the problem.

had the same symptom a while back after overhauling the master and slave. first off make sure you ain't leaking fluid. if all's well i'm thinking you've got an air bubble, which could mean a loose bolt up high in the line (e.g. at the master junction). another thought--do you have stock lines? if so, there is an intermediate connection that sits over the middle gear cover. i remember mine being ungodly torqued shut, so odds are there might not be a prob there on yours, but there's always an exception. good luck, prob an air bubble finally loosed itself from some crevice--bleed the line

what really helped me, though, was my shopvac bleeder. i couldn't get my brake lines to burp up a bubble. using the vaccum bleeder fixed it up good. anyways, i bled the clutch lines with it and it firmed up the lever action even more then i ever could when i used the conventional method.

had the same symptom a while back after overhauling the master and slave. first off make sure you ain't leaking fluid. if all's well i'm thinking you've got an air bubble, which could mean a loose bolt up high in the line (e.g. at the master junction). another thought--do you have stock lines? if so, there is an intermediate connection that sits over the middle gear cover. i remember mine being ungodly torqued shut, so odds are there might not be a prob there on yours, but there's always an exception. good luck, prob an air bubble finally loosed itself from some crevice--bleed the line

what really helped me, though, was my shopvac bleeder. i couldn't get my brake lines to burp up a bubble. using the vaccum bleeder fixed it up good. anyways, i bled the clutch lines with it and it firmed up the lever action even more then i ever could when i used the conventional method.

My mechanic came to my house and helpped me out! 20 bucks and a free meal from my restaurant. There was air at the top and bottom of the line, I did my best at the top, But the lower line realy confuses me, i feel like its super hard to get to... Feels like a new clutch!:punk::eusa_dance:

My mechanic came to my house and helpped me out! 20 bucks and a free meal from my restaurant. There was air at the top and bottom of the line, I did my best at the top, But the lower line realy confuses me, i feel like its super hard to get to... Feels like a new clutch!:punk::eusa_dance:

the plunger on my brakes goes in about 1/4"-1/2" before it engages the brakes and i bet i have a similar issue. gonna try a bleeder banjo and see if it helps, what was ur mechanics tricks?

the 1.25 thread pitch of these will fit stock masters, right?

i'm 99.9% sure yes. they sell the doubles too if you need 'em. shipping is outrages but what isn't. i think they combined shipping for my 1 double, 1 sing.e

Back