Nology Hot Wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybergrizzly

Reaction score
I am planning to replace my spark plug wires. Thinking about buying OEM or maybe get a set like the Nology Hot Wires. Somebody is selling me a set of used Nology wires for the price of the new OEM (about $60 I think). A new set of Nology hot wires goes for $125 or so.

Basically, I need to know if the Nology wires are better than the OEM, even if they are used.

Thanks,

As far as I know the Nology Wires don't really do anything for our Bikes.
Some people use them without any problems and others stated they had arcing issues with them.
I would just buy some 7mm Copper Core Wire (by the foot) from a local Auto parts store as long as your Plug Boots are still in good shape.
I think it cost me about $10 for 10 feet 4-5 years ago when I replaced mine.

As far as I know the Nology Wires don't really do anything for our Bikes.
Some people use them without any problems and others stated they had arcing issues with them.
I would just buy some 7mm Copper Core Wire (by the foot) from a local Auto parts store as long as your Plug Boots are still in good shape.
I think it cost me about $10 for 10 feet 4-5 years ago when I replaced mine.

I think my plug boots are ok, although the rubber around them are pretty shot. I have never changed the wire only. Do you just pull the wire and it will come off, as well as the other end ?

The wire into the plug boot unscrews...in the plug end is a slotted brass connector, behind that a resistor, spring and tiny brass disc (not necessarily in that order)....all these things need periodic maintenance as corrosion builds in there.

The coil end unscrews with the ribbed plastic cap.

Snake oil, skip them. At best they work equivalent to a normal wire, they quickly degrade and get arcing issues.

Or just convert to COPs, which can be had for about 1/3 the price of new OEM wires. I got a set of four sticks, and the harness connectors, for $20 shipped off ebay. Easy to install, easier starting, crisper throttle response, never worry about a plug wire or cracked coil again.

+1 on what naughty said, and others. I had a set on my old 85 and saw no difference in starting or performance. I too put mine on Ebay to recoupe the money I spent on them..........

Like Ra said - Nology = waste of time.

Do consider a set of COPs, you won't look back :)

RaWarrior: I sent a private message last night regarding the sticks and the harness. Please let me know if you got the message.

Al

:ummm:

Back