Non Bike project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well here is one project right now my buddy is doing most of the body work & I am gonna paint it myself when he is done with the body work. I am glad to see it making some headway even though. I dont care for the car but hey if it makes my GF happy. I guess it makes me happy. Hopefully I will have it painted before my tech day.

Attachments

• Tennesee & Mustang pics 036.jpg
    Tennesee & Mustang pics 036.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 59
  • More Mustang 003.jpg
    More Mustang 003.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Mustang & 94 Vmax 001.jpg
    Mustang & 94 Vmax 001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Mustang & 94 Vmax 002.jpg
    Mustang & 94 Vmax 002.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Mustang 002.jpg
    Mustang 002.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Mustang 008.jpg
    Mustang 008.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 32
  • More Mustang 004.jpg
    More Mustang 004.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 32
  • More Mustang 008.jpg
    More Mustang 008.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 28
  • More Mustang 007.jpg
    More Mustang 007.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 30
While it's that far apart, look into drilling new mounting holes 1" lower to mount the front suspension uppers, that's what Carroll Shelby did to the GT350's. No other changes are required to the components when you do the relocation, but of course you probably are going to freshen the front end anyways. You are going to have dry floorboards and trunk from doing the bottom sheetmetal repair fromt & rear below the glass. Are you using National Parts Depot stuff? I was happy w/their items & prices for the couple of Mustangs I have owned.

Nice little project there Cap'n........Looks like it is in pretty decent shape to begin with, if your GF isn't a street racer or speed demon then that thrifty little six will be just the ticket for cruising in style economicaly, what's the final color going to be?.................Keep us updated with pics!.......................Tom.

Nice little project there Cap'n........Looks like it is in pretty decent shape to begin with, if your GF isn't a street racer or speed demon then that thrifty little six will be just the ticket for cruising in style economicaly, what's the final color going to be?.................Keep us updated with pics!.......................Tom.
The car was not as bad as some but there was still a bit of welding that had to be done new floor pans,new rain gutter,panel below rear window & quite a bit other I am forgetting. The car is going to be the Turquoise color that was original for 68. The 6 will stay in it for a while but I do have a complete 68 model suspesion with a 289 located. I want to put a Chevrolet motor in it but my GF wants to keep it Ford. Oh well I will build me a Toy when im done.

While it's that far apart, look into drilling new mounting holes 1" lower to mount the front suspension uppers, that's what Carroll Shelby did to the GT350's. No other changes are required to the components when you do the relocation, but of course you probably are going to freshen the front end anyways. You are going to have dry floorboards and trunk from doing the bottom sheetmetal repair fromt & rear below the glass. Are you using National Parts Depot stuff? I was happy w/their items & prices for the couple of Mustangs I have owned.
I have a new door from NPD the hood & trunk & floorpans were bought from Johns Mustang in Houston then I found a local supplier in Clearwater so the rest of the stuff is coming from him. We already put all new brakes on the car & some one had replaced some suspension parts before we got it. It drives good but the damn thing wont move out of its own way that 200 six is a little slow for me.

5.0 would be outrageous in there. Plenty of power and great gas mileage. You could buy a donor car pretty reasonable too. I wanted to do that to Mary's 73 Mach-1 but somebody offered too much money for it to turn down.. The guy who bought it livened the old 351 Cleveland up and made it handle like the car in "Bullet".

Getting closer shell all painted & being buffed out bought new fenders & a driver door. The whole car should be painted soon. Also done a little trading & got a complete V8 drivetrain out of another 68 so some time in the future it will be getting a whole new suspension and a 289. Still lots of work to do but getting closer.

Attachments

• More 68 mustang pictures 001.jpg
    More 68 mustang pictures 001.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 19
  • More 68 mustang pictures 002.jpg
    More 68 mustang pictures 002.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 22
  • More 68 mustang pictures 003.jpg
    More 68 mustang pictures 003.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 21
  • More 68 mustang pictures 004.jpg
    More 68 mustang pictures 004.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 20
  • More 68 mustang pictures 005.jpg
    More 68 mustang pictures 005.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 20
  • More 68 mustang pictures 006.jpg
    More 68 mustang pictures 006.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 19
  • More 68 mustang pictures 007.jpg
    More 68 mustang pictures 007.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 21
lookin good, must have been a fla car its whole life, or did you do alot to the body?

we had a 78 catalina with the piss yuckow paint too it sucked. I like that color better. My brother in law had that body type and when he repainted his from the piss yuckow to the white of the same year. new had to replace both front fenders and rear quarters, when the car was new the first owner had it zbarted undercoated so the floor pans was good as new. He had problems with the headlight header it was eaten up and we could not find a good one. He took out the 200 out and placed a 86 drive train in from a 5.0, changed the brakes to disk, and did the front end brace on the shock towers. When it was all said and done it was a blast to drive.

Nice to see the Mustang's coming along Kyle! It's been lying on your drive for long enough lol..
Chris must be HAPPY!

Hey why don't you put the 5.0 EFI motor from my '90 Crown Vic in it? I reckon it would fit just fine and it's going really strong, prolly only about 80k miles on it from new!

I had a carb'ed 5.0 w/a B-W 5 speed i installed in-place of the p.o.s. SROD 4-speed the car came with, I also replaced the 7.9" rear end w/an 8.8" rear after I snapped the pinion shaft flush w/the front face of the pumpkin coming-off I-95 in Miami, in an area where you don't want to break-down. (car was an '82 Mustang GT) & I got almost 24 mpg on my way to Daytona for the FL Firefighters' Olympics one spring, yrs. ago. I like the 5.0, a good reliable engine, good power, easy to work upon & lots of hop-up parts reasonably-priced. Unless you're going for the nostalgia factor, there isn't any reason to stay w/the 289. Unless of course, it was free & didn't take much to make it work.

Looks good and comming along nicely!................Did they still offer the 289 in 1968?.........I thought that was the first year of the 302........................Tom.

Cool project. I like the new paint. If you're not locked into the 289 Dave's idea of a 5.0 would be a great option. Easy to find and a ton of go- fast parts. :eusa_dance:

That's lookin good Kyle. You must be a pro painter coz that looks sweet!

Cool project. I like the new paint. If you're not locked into the 289 Dave's idea of a 5.0 would be a great option. Easy to find and a ton of go- fast parts. :eusa_dance:
To be honest I am not a Fprd fan period ! I am locked into more than what I want already & not looking for anything more than I have.

Back