NOS Guys

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing nitrous. I been looking online n kits are anywhere from $600.00 -1500.00. What are some advantages n disadvantage s? Is it worth it do you have many mods to do etc? I know the 2bottles on kjs bike looks sweet be a great conversation. I was also thinking of using two nos bottles tapped into the fuel lines for xtra gas more than reserve to go further n would look cool just have to rig a cap system to add gas. Anyone have any thoughts on this?.

Here's where I mounted my bottle. The mod isn't very complicated, getting the nitrous gas mix to the cylinders takes a little thought tho....I drilled the intake runners and instaled fittings.

Don't believe $600 will come anywhere near setting you up with a decent system, I'd be more inclined to double that. $600 may get you started tho but there will be lots of add-ons you'll need.

Schnitz Racing is a good source, good tech support too.

EDIT: I always forget the friggin photo!! :bang head:

Attachments

• 100_2063.jpg
    100_2063.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 57
Not a horrible price anyway. Bad part is the refills which is one of the reasons I moved away from it. But, simpler and cheaper then about any other upgrade for the short run by far. Need to see what kind of pricing KJ will have too (and I have one kit in the sale thread).

If your gonna go with spray do yourself a favor and get extra bottles, I used Helium bottles for min because I got them cheap but you can buy CO2 bottles new through Jegs for like $45 a piece I believe. The price on the Dynotune kit is good and they are great people to work with as I have bought stuff from them before. It would be advantageous to get ahold of an industrial gasses company (I use Gasses LLC) and get a 70lb mother bottle and just do the fills yourself, it's quite a bit of money up front for the cylinder but it works out to being only a little over $2 a pound and you can fill your bottles anytime you want from your house and you can usually do fills for car guys at $4.50 a pound and come out alright, just freeze your receiver bottle and it'll fill on it's own.. I hid my bottle between my tire and my gas tank, not because I was trying to hide the kit because you can clearly see the nozzles in my intakes, I just hid the bottle because I didn't like the thought of it hanging in the breeze and drawing unneeded attention. I highly recommend a pressure gauge where you can see it and a purge, you don't need to purge half a bottle away like I see some guys do but if it's a hot day and your pressure is too high it can be handy to level your pressure back down to 900-1000 psi... Another good idea is a bottle heater but you have to be careful here because you can overtax your charging system in a hurry. There's really alot to go into here and I could honestly start a whole thread on how to do it properly but I got beat up on here pretty bad for posting info before with people telling me I didn't know what I was doing so I guess I'll just post a few pics and if you want to know more pm me and we will go from there...

Attachments

• IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0345.jpg
    IMAG0345.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0475.jpg
    IMAG0475.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0483.jpg
    IMAG0483.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 178736_3318305798372_1251424702_o.jpg
    178736_3318305798372_1251424702_o.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 41
Here is how it works on a 60 shot and I'm not even close to optimizing it yet, shitty launch and I weigh 290lbs in my gear so I'm not small and went 10.54 at 132 and some change over revving it in 4'th... I hurt my buddy Jody's feelings pretty bad on this one... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QuBuTJsuF8

Wow I guess the price isn't to bad for a few more pony's. I'm going to do some more reading and talking to guys w/ nitrous and maybe add it this spring.

Thanks! I jetted for a 9hp/cylinder, 36hp overall.

SRK's mother bottle is the way to go, both cost and convenience wise. Think I was paying $6 or $7 a lb. which was reasonable but always running to the speed shop for a refill.

It's definitely the way to go Danny, like I said they hit you pretty good up front for the cost of the cylinder but once you got it start talking to the local hotrod guys and you can usually make enough off of selling nitrous to get your own for free.. Just do a search of industrial gasses places around your area (does New York still allow those??? LOL sorry cheap pun) and look into it, I couldn't even imagine taking my bottles somewhere to get filled but I'm spoiled like that... LOL

It's definitely the way to go Danny, like I said they hit you pretty good up front for the cost of the cylinder but once you got it start talking to the local hotrod guys and you can usually make enough off of selling nitrous to get your own for free.. Just do a search of industrial gasses places around your area (does New York still allow those??? LOL sorry cheap pun) and look into it, I couldn't even imagine taking my bottles somewhere to get filled but I'm spoiled like that... LOL

Yeah, we still have those but they have to be registered with the state and most are folding cause of the exorbetent fees!! :rofl_200:

I used to freeze my bottle overnight, pack it in ice in a cooler, strap it on my bike and head to the speed shop....now if THAT wasn't a pain in the ass......!! :punk:

Two auxillary fuel bottles hanging off either side of your bike. OK, but don't say I didn't warn you! A tip over in the parking lot could be ugly or should I say "toasty".
It would make a cool YouTube video though.

Yeah, we still have those but they have to be registered with the state and most are folding cause of the exorbetent fees!! :rofl_200:

I used to freeze my bottle overnight, pack it in ice in a cooler, strap it on my bike and head to the speed shop....now if THAT wasn't a pain in the ass......!! :punk:

You do the same thing Danny, freeze your receiver bottle and buy a regular bottle nut with a gauge like this one http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/16521/10002/-1 and hit up Amazon for a high pressure ball valve and have a industrial hydraulic line place make you up a couple short pieces of line to where you can connect the two bottles (preferably with a filter) and get a decent postage scale that's fairly accurate and your in business.. I'll take some pics of my setup later, I got the flu so I'm house bound for awhile :-(

I sure wouldn't use aux tanks for fuel cause that's dangerous... Any wet kit you buy like the dynotune one will have a fuel pump, I mounted mine to the swingarm pivot crossmember, pull your factory tank and remove the drain bolt and drill and tap it to 1/8"npt and put a T in there and put a plug in one end of the T so you still have a drain plug and then use the other port to feed the fuel pump...

Maybe I'll do a write up on this but I'll need to take more pics and I'm not feeling up to that today... Sometimes my skin can be a little thin so when people start telling me I don't know what I'm doing I get a little offended like I did in my swingarm thread... Now I think the way my bike runs pretty much speaks for itself so I don't think it'll bother me too much LOL

i found it easier to get the large 100lbs bottle, rented ti from the gas shop, was like 8 bucks a month and i just keep it for like 2-3 months(sled season) and like the boys have been saying freeze your bottle, easier in winter just leave it outside hahaha, if i had any nos left i just empty it, that cools off the bottle sometimes the hole bottle will ice over it gets soo cold. and also i would heat up the large transfer bottle, next to the wood stove or heat gun, the greater the temp difference the better and keep the small bottle as low as you can to help the liquid transfer into it.......

its so much fun im sure you will be laughing all the way to the finish line :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::punk:

I sure wouldn't use aux tanks for fuel cause that's dangerous... Any wet kit you buy like the dynotune one will have a fuel pump, I mounted mine to the swingarm pivot crossmember, pull your factory tank and remove the drain bolt and drill and tap it to 1/8"npt and put a T in there and put a plug in one end of the T so you still have a drain plug and then use the other port to feed the fuel pump...

thevmaxrider gave me a great tip on mounting the aux. fuel pump....in behind the right side cover....just turn the rear brake reservoir 180? and there's lots of room and the fuel line is right there to tee into.

thevmaxrider gave me a great tip on mounting the aux. fuel pump....in behind the right side cover....just turn the rear brake reservoir 180? and there's lots of room and the fuel line is right there to tee into.

The only problem with that is the pumps that come with these kits aren't very good at pulling fuel but they are great at pushing it... I think that's probably the reason my jetting is the way it is, I'm running a 20/20 square on both nitrous and fuel and I'm still rich... I'm going to try a 20 nitrous and 19 fuel to see if it levels out.. If you T in before the factory pump be very careful with your jetting and keep it on the rich side... It's not really much work to pull the tank and do what I described though and the fittings cost next to nothing... I borrowed a tap from a friend and I think I have $2 into fittings.. Just throwing ideas out there.

Back