oil leak and Clutch issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Like the title says.. just bought this 97 33k .. looks great and runs pretty good.. but have oil , looks like coming from the head around the spark plug and running down the side of the motor.. . YEAH and now been putting some miles on it and went to pass a car in 3rd and rpm's jumped (its hard to tell because of the marks exhaust is pretty loud) Feels like a clutch slipping.. tried it again in 4th and did the same thing.. dont notice it in 1st.
I questioned that something did not feel right last week.. this max does not feel as fast as my 2 =85's that I have had in the past... they were pretty much stock... this has been rejetted and has the 4-2 marks exhaust on it... HELP... Thanks in advance. TIM

If your clutch is slipping that badly, it's probably time to buy new clutch plates. Sean ([email protected]) Morley is a vender here and can get you any parts you need to do the replacement, and is a great guy to deal with. Shoot him a PM or email.

He'll know more about the oil leak & power issues too, if others don't chime in sooner.

Recommend sean too!.........Lee and I picked up our clutch hardware, PCW springs and gaskets from him recently, in fact I have a set of progressive front springs on the way right now, great fellow to deal with!............Tom.

got a email from Sean.. and confirmed that its time to replace the clutch. AS far as that , stock clutch -aftermarket if so what brand?
I am guessing that the oil is coming from the valve cover gasket..leaking down the middle from a hole right above the spark plugs... Thanks, Tim

The valve cover gasket could be leaking. Keep in mind the hole at the base of the cylinder head is simply a drain for water that gets in around the spark plug.

Sean

Back