oil leaking out the water pump??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
fired it up tonight stuck it in gear did a lil chirp wanting to ride tommarow looked down had a lil spot of oil on the ground never had that happen left it running got a light it was coming out the weep hole in the water pump as soon as it warmed up it stopped oil shoudnt be coming out the water pump weep hole checked anitfreeze its ok oil in the sight glass mabye a lil much ,but i always add a lil too much when changing oil:ummm:it quit leaking when it warmed up.it was like it leaked when i did the chirp i tried again it was fine, its a 90 i know but only 18000 on it i don,t want it to mix oil with water or vica versa what next it,s been a great bike for the 2 yrs ive had it fix it dont worry about it till it breakes help dont want to screw it up if i got to fix it or have it fixed now is the time its leaking out the valve covers some to.20+i cant fuss any help is very appericated poppop the lil dog i used on my page died of parvo its the last picture of it we got thanks you all dont know why i meniton that thanks all

Last edited:
Any fluid coming out of that orifice is your motors way of telling you that it is poorly.

It is unlikely to get better, more likely worse so if it were mine I'd want it fixed.

The seals are a service item the oil side seal is 93101-10090-00 and if you need it the water side seal is 11H-12438-00-00.
You will also need a gasket 3JP-12449-02-00 and the sealing washer for the drain bolt 214-11198-01-00.
If the coolant is un contaminated or under two years old re-use otherwise replace it.

fired it up tonight stuck it in gear did a lil chirp wanting to ride tommarow looked down had a lil spot of oil on the ground never had that happen left it running got a light it was coming out the weep hole in the water pump as soon as it warmed up it stopped oil shoudnt be coming out the water pump weep hole checked anitfreeze its ok oil in the sight glass mabye a lil much ,but i always add a lil too much when changing oil:ummm:it quit leaking when it warmed up.it was like it leaked when i did the chirp i tried again it was fine, its a 90 i know but only 18000 on it i don,t want it to mix oil with water or vica versa what next it,s been a great bike for the 2 yrs ive had it fix it dont worry about it till it breakes help dont want to screw it up if i got to fix it or have it fixed now is the time its leaking out the valve covers some to.20+i cant fuss any help is very appericated poppop the lil dog i used on my page died of parvo its the last picture of it we got thanks you all dont know why i meniton that thanks all

Sory to hear about your little dog...he certainly was a cutie!

Just deal with one issue at a time, you got a 20 year old motorcycle that needs a little maintenance....it's to be expected.

Your water pump needs rebuilding, here's the service manual, everything you need to know is in there.
pdf.gif
Vmax service manual

Or get a Haynes or Clymer manual....whatever you prefer. Przemek posted links to the entire Haynes manual which is in VMF links I believe.

Any problems, just shout. Good luck.

Any fluid coming out of that orifice is your motors way of telling you that it is poorly.

It is unlikely to get better, more likely worse so if it were mine I'd want it fixed.

The seals are a service item the oil side seal is 93101-10090-00 and if you need it the water side seal is 11H-12438-00-00.
You will also need a gasket 3JP-12449-02-00 and the sealing washer for the drain bolt 214-11198-01-00.
If the coolant is un contaminated or under two years old re-use otherwise replace it.
thanks so much for the part # and taking the time to help

Sory to hear about your little dog...he certainly was a cutie!

Just deal with one issue at a time, you got a 20 year old motorcycle that needs a little maintenance....it's to be expected.

Your water pump needs rebuilding, here's the service manual, everything you need to know is in there.
pdf.gif
Vmax service manual

Or get a Haynes or Clymer manual....whatever you prefer. Przemek posted links to the entire Haynes manual which is in VMF links I believe.

Any problems, just shout. Good luck.
thanks danny on both counts

thanks you all i probly get the book for the bike as for gizmo the pup we will miss him forever

Sorry about the puppy too, but water pump is normal wear and tear, good luck!

Back