Oil Poll - tell us what you're using!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What oil do you use?

• Total voters

naughtyG

Reaction score
Ok this is an Oil Poll. No it's not about offshore drilling :rofl_200:- just about finding out what is the most popular oil choice for V-Max owners.

If you don't see the oil you use then please vote for 'Other'. I've listed what I believe to be the most popular brands as choices.

When voting, please include a reply stating oil weight, and whether you're using a standard, standard/synthetic, or fully synthetic oil. Also please list the oil name, for example if you use Shell, specify if it's Formula T or Rotella for example, and if your oil comes under the 'other' vote, then its full brand and name.

Thanks!

i used amsoil 10w40 full synthetic .it was that or rotella t 15w40 but i am a little partial to the synthetics so thats what i found local. i keep plenty of rotella on hand for my f350 diesel 15qts. at a time and after reading all the threads on oil as long as its around 10w40 non energy conserving i dont think i makes much difference as long as it get changed based on driving habits.
everyone has preferences of oil they have used there are many out there but i think people use what they are used to using from years of oil buying and experiences
. Oil is the same as anything odds are if for example you blow your engine using amsoil it gets set in the back of your mind that oil may have been a factor and you may change brands after the fix.

the oil subject will draw a lot of opinions what is best but when i comes down to it i think imo clean oil is the winner.
Chris :coolgleamA:

Castrol GTX 20w50 dino.

Just keeping it changed regularly far outweighs what brand you use imho.

Been using Amsoil 10W40 full synthetic motorcycle oil for years - no issues - oil change every 3000 miles.

Mike

Best I've used was Castrol Actevo 20W-50. Castrol GTX is good but now have been using Shell Rotella T 20W-40 for a year or so. Doesn't foam quite as bad as GTX but you have to change it by 2000-2500 miles.

Valvoline 10w40 in fall/spring/winter and 20w50 in summer. Regular car oil. change it every 1000 miles or so.

Castrol GTX 20w50 dino.

Just keeping it changed regularly far outweighs what brand you use imho.
WELL SAID ! YAMALUBE #4 20W40 & YAMAHA FILTER EVERY 1,000 MILES . JUST WHAT THE MANUAL CALLS FOR ! BUT I ALSO BELIEVE ANY REPUTABLE BRAND AS LONG AS ITS FOR A WET CLUTCH IS FINE , AS LONG AS IT GET'S CHANGED WHEN IT'S DUE !:punk:

rotella has a j rating like most so called motorcyc;e oils do

Honda Non Synthetic 20W50 change it every hmmmmm:ummm: when the rear tire needs replacing 2200-3000 miles

Shell Rotella 15w40 atm, oil change this weekend I'm going to Rotella T 5w40. It should work better in the colder temps I will be running in Oct and hopefully some of Nov.:eusa_dance:

Shell Rotella 5W40 synthetic.

Great starting fluidity but also offers great warm weather characteristics.

The high zinc levels in the Diesel oils is AWESOME for motorcycle transmissions. Just stay away from "energy Conserving" oils.

Well it seems we are finally starting to see a little bit of an early winner here :eusa_dance:

My oil change is overdue, and I was looking at Shell Rotella T (only $32 at CostCo for 3 gallons of 15W40) so I reckon this is gonna be the way for me here in FL for the next 2-3 thousand miles at least..

Thanks to all :punk: for participating so far, and keep it coming everybody YAY

Back