Old barn find of old cars & motorcycles/Absolutely amazing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alorio1

Reaction score
If you like old cars , motorcycles etc. You have got to see this.
There are numerous films to watch. I was amazed at the collection he
has of everything.

Thought you'd like this. Amazing.

You've heard of old cars & motorcycles found in old barns? Well this
has to be the ultimate find. Absolutely amazing.

Old cars and motorcycles..........watch them start up the old motorcycles.

Located in Glenview, IL, North Chicago suburb

There are 8 videos that run one after another.

Prepare to drop your jaw!

http://www.coolestone.com/media/3728/America%27s-Ultimate-Barn-Find/

I enjoyed the videos, thanks for the posting.

I know where there is a collection still in the forming, that has both cars and bikes in it. Last time I stopped by, they were getting ready for track days: (1) Ferrari Challenge Stradale and (2) a Winston Cup car, retired, but w/a freshened-motor.

Two retired Yamaha factory mechanics maintain the museum/collection. It's reqally not a museum as it isn't open to the public, but the mechanics are guys I've known for about 30 years, so I can stop-by and see what's new and what's being worked-upon. The owner wants to be able to use his vehicles at any time. Here are some other pics of his stuff. OK, the site isn't co-operating w/me to load any-more than this so it's all you get.

The first 'chopper' I ever saw in-person was probably about 1967, on a cold, overcast day in Rochester NY, and it had the same engine as the last picture. The guy peeled-off from Ridge Rd. & crossed Ridgemont Plaza's parking lot, and he came to a stop directly in-front of me, where I was standing on the sidewalk. I was transfixed by the exhaust note before I saw it, and as it got closer, it was all I could do to keep flies from doing 180's in my mouth cavity. It was low, raked, and mean-looking.

"What is that thing," I asked the rider as he dismounted, to enter a restaurant w/a bar. The kind of place you didn't enter w/o your parents when you are sixteen.

"An Ariel Square-4," he replied, as he smiled at me and swung the bar door open, allowing adult fumes of beer/liquor, tobacco smoke and music to fall-onto the sidewalk, surrounding me in sensory inputs I hadn't yet earned the priviledge to enjoy.

Attachments

• Ferrari.2_2012_09_15.zip
    87.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Ferrrari.1_2012_09_15.zip
    138 KB · Views: 7
  • 2011 Boca Raton Concours 018.JPG
    2011 Boca Raton Concours 018.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2011 Boca Raton Concours 019.jpg
    2011 Boca Raton Concours 019.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 25
If you like old cars , motorcycles etc. You have got to see this.
There are numerous films to watch. I was amazed at the collection he
has of everything.

Thought you'd like this. Amazing.

You've heard of old cars & motorcycles found in old barns? Well this
has to be the ultimate find. Absolutely amazing.

Old cars and motorcycles..........watch them start up the old motorcycles.

Located in Glenview, IL, North Chicago suburb

There are 8 videos that run one after another.

Prepare to drop your jaw!

http://www.coolestone.com/media/3728/America%27s-Ultimate-Barn-Find/

That is what call like being in heaven. Damn this guy collected a lot of cool stuff.

Mike

Have you guys checked out the prices this stuff went for. Amazed at both the high end and low end prices. Hartung family did very well.

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-content/uploads/Official-Results-Lee-Roy-Hartung-Collection.pdf

Auction results, cars, trucks, bikes.

Top Ten:
1. 1911 Flying Merkel Twin Belt Drive ? $201,250
2. 1950 Veritas BMW ? $195,500
3. 1950 Edwards R-26 Roadster ? $143,750
4. 1912 Harley-Davidson Single-Cylinder Belt Drive ? $115,000
5. 1911 Pope Model H ? $83,375
6. 1909 Sears ? $66,125
7. 1938 Indian Four-Cylinder Rigid Frame ? $64,400
8. 1926 Henderson Deluxe Fire Department Motorcycle ? $63,250
9. 1915 Harley-Davidson Single-Cylinder Two-Speed ? $57,500
10. 1904 Fabrique-Nationale Four-Cylinder Shaft Drive ? $55,200

Whodathunkit????? Four million dollars!!!
Minus auctioneer fees. Not a bad inheritance for Mr. Hartungs family. I got tired reading the sales list, just think how the auctioneers felt. How about the people who unpacked this collection. Imagine all that was thrown away that didn't stand the test of time. I don't even know of anyone with that many polebarns to hold all that stuff. Mind boggling really.

Yeah, how'd American Pickers miss this treasure-trove of internal-combustion slightly-tarnished jewels?:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back