Oring fix, Kawasaki part number?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I took my oil pan off and big surprise my 85 has a blown dread-ring.

Does anyone have the part number for the Kawasaki upgrade for that o-ring or what it's called (proper name please) so when the kid behind the parts counter gets lost I can point him in the right direction for me?

Thanks guys!

Hey fellas, I took my oil pan off and big surprise my 85 has a blown dread-ring.

Does anyone have the part number for the Kawasaki upgrade for that o-ring or what it's called (proper name please) so when the kid behind the parts counter gets lost I can point him in the right direction for me?

Thanks guys!
I bought the kit with the Kawi o-ring from Sean. I suggest the HD oil pump kit too, since your in there. If I do it again I'll also get the support that bolts to one of the mains.Oil pressure gauge is a cheap add on well worth it.
Steve-o

I planned on the HD oil kit from Sean already but am glad to see he has the Oring too! (adds one more thing to the list of things he'll need from Sean)

Thanks Sdt354!

I was all set to do this mod, but I decided to install a oil pressure gauge from COO first. Whaddya know, I had like 4-5psi hot idle, which is apparently unusually high, a lot of people report zero indicated when hot. I don't know if a p/o might have fixed this and installed the HD pump kit or I'm just lucky. So I skipped this, if it's not broken then don't fix it. If for some reason it ever does go bad, I have the gauge on the handlebars, I'll see it if it suddenly drops.

I have a viton round o-ring Garrett sent me a while back that I didn't end up using. I also have a pan gasket from Sean, like I said I was all set to do this but now see no reason at all.

I'll mail them to you if you want. On the cheap. As in free. I'm not going to use them, someone might as well.

92055-1147 Kawi Part Number. It's oval shaped. Don't be disturbed by the way it looks...

if you run into a problem like me and the kawi o ring just wont fit without way too much pressure i can send a spare viton ring (or RA can) i have 23 more.

Well see, I'm waitin on my vacation pay to arrive so I can order my list of parts. Once I start puttin things back together I'll have an idea of what's ganna work and what's not.

I wish you the best with the work you're going to do. :biglaugh:

My 89 was a tight, tight fit for the Kawi O-Ring. I think a PO had gone in and replaced the plumbing with the latest version. Now, I believe they've done more than that as the oil pressure overall is higher than the 94 and it feels a whole lot faster too. Even the shifting feels different. :confused2::confused2::confused2:Who Knows.

Back