Owned!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I laugh at all of these idiots.

The sad part is, most likely all of these asshats are collecting insurance checks for their stupidity which effects our rates....

That Speeders show(like everything on trutv) is dripping with so much cheez it should be on the menu at Taco Bell. It reminds me of those old MTV dating shows where stuff would pop up on the screen constantly as "commentary". I saw another one with a squid on a crotch rocket that got clocked at "100+", led the cop on a brief chase, then pulled over. He got off with a $150 fine....I want to know what state that was in....I got busted for 72 in a 55 this summer and it cost me $250...after bargaining it down. Would have been $320 if I had just "paid it". That was on my 500cc Magna, so I really couldn't have run. As spunky as that bike was, it topped out at about 115.

As I've heard from a LEO friend, the typical police interceptor Crown Vic tops out at about 130mph on a good day, but they're very sluggish much past about 110 or so. They're only 220hp....not a tremendous amount for a big heavy sedan. By today's standards, that's not even that much for a midsize car.

That Speeders show(like everything on trutv) is dripping with so much cheez it should be on the menu at Taco Bell. It reminds me of those old MTV dating shows where stuff would pop up on the screen constantly as "commentary". I saw another one with a squid on a crotch rocket that got clocked at "100+", led the cop on a brief chase, then pulled over. He got off with a $150 fine....I want to know what state that was in....I got busted for 72 in a 55 this summer and it cost me $250...after bargaining it down. Would have been $320 if I had just "paid it". That was on my 500cc Magna, so I really couldn't have run. As spunky as that bike was, it topped out at about 115.

As I've heard from a LEO friend, the typical police interceptor Crown Vic tops out at about 130mph on a good day, but they're very sluggish much past about 110 or so. They're only 220hp....not a tremendous amount for a big heavy sedan. By today's standards, that's not even that much for a midsize car.
Most of the police around here are driving the Doge Chargers, I even saw a State Trooper driving one the other day. Some of my cop buddies say they will run 155mph but it takes a while to get there.
On a similar note I was pulled over by a Sheriff after being clocked at 102/ 100/ 97 but did not run. If fact I had to pull forward when he did the u turn to get behind me. He wrote me for 85 in a 55, 35 over I'd been in cuffs and Redbone on a flatbed. It cost me $165 for the ticket and pleasure of doing business with the county.
Ironic thing is that the day I took my motorcycle riding skills test I stopped at the Sheriff's house that wrote me on the way home. My buddy ( Tribal cop) had ridden down with us to the test and wanted to stop by to see him. Neither of us recognized each other. Another friend said if he knew me he probably would have let me slide, I'm not so sure. Almost doubling the speed limit and not getting hauled off I felt lucky. The $165 fine I was almost happy to pay. :confused2:

My old CVP was 250hp and electronically limited to 135mph, It would get there pretty quick. The newer ones ('06+) still 250 hp, but limited to 120. they're packing 3.55 gears though to counter the weight of the vehicle. mine was only sporting 3.27 gears. Considering all my gear, the camera and radio equipment in the trunk, the 16" steel wheels. it still got out of it's own way. Mine was an '03 but it was still quicker than the '06. Best part of the car, it was my lucky number. And it was alot more comfortable then the truck I drove in the remote areas up here.

Attachments

• P1000816.jpg
    P1000816.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 15
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 15
Oaklahoma had got it right though :clapping:

Attachments

• OHPHayabusaMotorcycle.jpg
    OHPHayabusaMotorcycle.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 122_0608_01_z+suzuki_hayabusa_highway_patrol+motorcycle.jpg
    122_0608_01_z+suzuki_hayabusa_highway_patrol+motorcycle.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 23
Yeah I was watching "Super Bikes' and some of the states (yes Im serious) have requisitioned Hyabusas as police interceptors...talk about a run you wont win.

Here in lovely California the cost of speeding is painful,to say the least.
I was late one day and needed to make up some lost time...

So I jumped in my 75 Nova and headed off.Long story short,radar and CHP were involved and I was ticketed for 70 in a 50.The cost???

-Speeding ticket 20 over=$334
-The request for traffic school=$45
-Online traffic school=$24
-verification of passing traffic school=$8

-The look on the officers face when he saw the switch on my dash labeled "SPRAY"=Priceless (the kicker is it really is a sprayer NOT N.O.S.)

Attachments

• l_601848cd22a8400a404818c53222d2c1.jpg
    l_601848cd22a8400a404818c53222d2c1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 21
  • l_a459c45f02f5414bfa5129155bc898b9.jpg
    l_a459c45f02f5414bfa5129155bc898b9.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 23
My old CVP was 250hp and electronically limited to 135mph, It would get there pretty quick. The newer ones ('06+) still 250 hp, but limited to 120. they're packing 3.55 gears though to counter the weight of the vehicle. mine was only sporting 3.27 gears. Considering all my gear, the camera and radio equipment in the trunk, the 16" steel wheels. it still got out of it's own way. Mine was an '03 but it was still quicker than the '06. Best part of the car, it was my lucky number. And it was a lot more comfortable then the truck I drove in the remote areas up here.

GM is bringing over the "Caprice" again but this time it'll be a real car and not a fat grandpa's car... It will be basically the Pontiac G8 but in AU trim with Chevy Badges.

It'll be neat to see them if GM actually does it.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-caprice-police-patrol-vehicle.html

New Ford Interceptor? http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-police-interceptor.html

GM is bringing over the "Caprice" again but this time it'll be a real car and not a fat grandpa's car... It will be basically the Pontiac G8 but in AU trim with Chevy Badges.

It'll be neat to see them if GM actually does it.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-caprice-police-patrol-vehicle.html

New Ford Interceptor? http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-police-interceptor.html

Yeah, everyone is jumping in. the Impala failed as a police car so GM is trying to get back in the game, and the CVP is seriously dated. Dodge is starting to take over in the interceptor area.

It's going to be interesting to see what ford comes up with. One thing I miss about not being a cop anymore was my car. one of my best friends the head down at the city service shop. I remember not having my car for a few weeks cause some dumb ass decided to kick the rear window out, I was asked how the car felt. I told him it felt a little more peppy. He just smiled and told me he changed the chip and I now had a different map, rev limiter and shift points. It was a great car to drive.

I remember radaring this guy at 100 in a 50. After I turned the car around and punched it. I was on that truck like it owed me child support. Got him before he hit the town and the school area during the end of classes. Turns out the guy blew a .211

His excuse was he was trying to get home before he got too buzzed.

Well to quote a currently running ad: Buzzed driving is drunk driving.
I live in a rural area and let me tell you there is a lot of buzzed diving going on. Most times they tend to take care of themselves, by themselves. I have driven home friends/ others when they have had too much and they in turn have driven me home too.

Back