Panniers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spicer98

Reaction score
hey there am thinking about doing some touring with my bike and wondering if anyone could suggest where i could get some decent panniers from?
Cheers

A pannier is a basket, bag, box, or similar container, carried in pairs either slung over the back of a beast of burden, or attached to a bicycle or ...

i didn't know, either, had to look it up :biglaugh:

most of us would just know them as saddle bags or just plain old "bags"...

JC Whitney has some, but it was something i just happened to notice - i'm not a bag guy so i don't know if the ones they have are attractive or useful :ummm:

fatmax.com has some hard cased ones, i take it thats what you are looking for eh?

the dowco rally pack ones are good. the fit the max nice and are cheap and have built in waterproof cover thingies. the waterproof isn't 100% but they work good enough and had most the guys in pittsburgh looking them up on ebay...

got a set of sidewind soft bags, fit good, lots of room for stuff and go on and off easy.

While definatly not the cheapest option you may consider Wolfman Motorcycle luggage. They have a quality product and I am looking at getting the Beta Tail bag which have some quasi saddle bags built in. I need just a little more space than the Tourmaster bag I have now and the beta bag should do the trick.
Check out their video showing how to mount their various products.

For soft bags I prefer Nelson Rigg. They have a lifetime replacement warranty for any defects and a huge selection.

FatMax and Hepco Becker are the only hard bags available for the 1st gen V-Max with bike specific brackets. Givi is my favorite hard bag company and there is a guy in England that makes brackets to convert Givi "Wing Racks" to fit a V-Max. Unfortunately, all the hardware makes the bags stick out too high and wide. Looks really ugly to me but might be ok for you.

I have the FatMax hard bags on mine and I think they're great. Defo not cheap though, I'm just glad they came with the bike..

Attachments

• P1080464.JPG
    P1080464.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 37
  • P1080481.JPG
    P1080481.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 38
  • P1080500.JPG
    P1080500.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 34
Back