Parting the 90 model out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some one else just emailed me about the scoops here are the pictures of them. I actually have 2 sets the set off the 90 model has some scratches that look like there just in the clear on the left scoop & I just found a crack on the back of the left one side where they mount these are the first pics & then I have a mixed match set in good shape except one is spray canned black. either way there still $ 125 bucks a set rather you want me to mix & match them or what ever. I am fixing to take a set of these & have them powder coated. I am thinking about taking the cracked one & the black one since you cant hardley see the crack once its mounted & have them coated tehn I will have 2 sets left that have no cracks etc.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 8
Some ask about case gaurds to the left one is rashed they are strait no bends in them just rashed on the left side. Not sure if these are yamaha or what they are diffrent than any I have seen.

Attachments

• case gaurds 001.jpg
    case gaurds 001.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 23
  • case gaurds 003.jpg
    case gaurds 003.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 16
  • case gaurds 004.jpg
    case gaurds 004.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 16
i have those case guards they're nice, no idea where they came from tho, came from naughty's part bike.

I just got a call from a guy in Orlando that has a wrecked one that needs all kinds of stuff now I am wondering if I should try & sell him the parts to fix his or just buy his to.LOL

Dont be ridiculous. You never can have "to many" bikes :rofl_200:
The answer is simple :biglaugh:

You gotta grab them all haha!

yeah he said he needs forks brakes,headlight,exaust,tach ,speedo,clutch cover,left foot peggs, turn signal crown & risers. It sounds like I should just try to buy his cheap & slap all my good parts on it & just part out another one. I guess time will tell. He said he had been dealing with some guy in Ohio but he was a pain.

Hey Kyle - on Dyno Day - Is there a printed sheet showing what you pulled? A guy I work with has a late model Kawi 1400 w/extended swing arm & power commander. This guy rides the WHEELS off this bike. He'll leave his house in Brooksville for a short joy-ride & wind up in Daytona 2 hours later - have lunch, & take the long way home. I want to tell him about the dyno run - I think he may show up for it. I'm just curious if there's a print-out or not. I'll bust his chops that my VMAX will out-pull his Kawi, & if he shows & owns me, I'll make up some BS excuse & buy him lunch someday. The more the merrier, right? I know you're looking for a minimum number of bikes - is there a maximum?

Hey Kyle - on Dyno Day - Is there a printed sheet showing what you pulled? A guy I work with has a late model Kawi 1400 w/extended swing arm & power commander. This guy rides the WHEELS off this bike. He'll leave his house in Brooksville for a short joy-ride & wind up in Daytona 2 hours later - have lunch, & take the long way home. I want to tell him about the dyno run - I think he may show up for it. I'm just curious if there's a print-out or not. I'll bust his chops that my VMAX will out-pull his Kawi, & if he shows & owns me, I'll make up some BS excuse & buy him lunch someday. The more the merrier, right? I know you're looking for a minimum number of bikes - is there a maximum?
He is welcome to show up & yes there is a printout with HP torque & AF ratio so far I think we have 3 CBx's 3 Vmax's A Busa maybe a hopped up Sportster & the ZX 14.

Alright Dave (Spec Ops 13) came by again & bought more stuff bad for him he lives close by & good for me.:clapping: He bought the 90 model scoops that had the crack so all I have is this one set left now & Auggie has first dibs on they could use some polishing but other than that are in good shape.

The scoops CaptainKyle's got now are really nice. I could have had them but for you guys that can't actually see and evaluate the one with
a crack, it's not gonna bother me.

Come On guys buy some of the more stuff before I do. I won't have any money left soon.:biglaugh: Keep this up and I'll have to sell one of my AR's.

I Just pulled apart some more of this bike I have a good radiator with fan if some one needs it $ 125 bucks Also have the full ignition set gas cap ignition,faux lock $ 100 A good working TCI $ 125 & lots of other stuff just listing bits at a time. I have to run out & finish stripping it. I sold the frame gut is coming to pick it up in morning.

I saw that tool kit when I was there, it's the old style tool pouch, prior to the plastic one.

i have an odd very rookie list of things i need for my bike, remember its my first vmax and 2nd bike. lol okay here we go.

-Spark plug boots, all mine are burned looking and the guy i bought it from told me to just get 4 new ones. if yours are in good shape i would like to grab them from you. I'm not sure if I should just buy them new or not?

-i have the corbian seat(might have misspelled that) and i only have the screw for one side of it that holds it down in place would that bike have that screw?

-There is a bolt missing from my exhaust, its in the center.
2010-12-03094519.jpg

-A screw for my air box.
2010-12-03094553.jpg

Thank you for taking the time for me!
-Coolant cap is broken. it just flips open. kinda weird.
2010-12-03094601.jpg

Any chance you want to sell me the center section seat latch hardware? Mine is non existent..

Back