Parts and CaptainKyle????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm satisfied that Strafer will be just fine with a clutch fix. Don't really care to run her on the dyno again. But, I have other bikes to do that with.:biglaugh:

Still no word on my dyno file though. Guess I'm not important enough to answer.:ummm:

I'm satisfied that Strafer will be just fine with a clutch fix. Don't really care to run her on the dyno again. But, I have other bikes to do that with.:biglaugh:

Still no word on my dyno file though. Guess I'm not important enough to answer.:ummm:
Thats why I am trying to buy the dyno because he does nothing with it & is not good at returning calls.

When you finally get the file you can download the dynojet reader from their website.

More ways for me to spend money.... I'm still getting parts off the 90 that got parted out. Found a bad fuel pump relay today. Kyle's still got one on hand... This damn 89 is gonna be like new before I finish. Too bad it's not an 85...:ummm:

That's a thought. More money to the Mod Monkey... Gotta get the 89 done first...

Thats why I am trying to buy the dyno because he does nothing with it & is not good at returning calls.

yeah, he sucks with returning calls.... We where supposed to re-dyno my bike Sunday since they did not do it correctly! It was set, I tried to call to confirn, left messages but no response. I am going to Bucks Down today. He only charges $30 for three pulls!

Hope you get the dyno Kyle!

yeah, he sucks with returning calls.... We where supposed to re-dyno my bike Sunday since they did not do it correctly! It was set, I tried to call to confirn, left messages but no response. I am going to Bucks Down today. He only charges $30 for three pulls!

Hope you get the dyno Kyle!
Give me a call if im not busy when your at bucks down maybe we can go have lunch or something.

We are going to be there at 5 pm this evening, I am at work now. Kyle, you should ride over, I spoke with Leon and he said Scott with his 09 is coming over and I have another buddy Bob with his 09 that is coming also. So three Gen II's tonight!

We are going to be there at 5 pm this evening, I am at work now. Kyle, you should ride over, I spoke with Leon and he said Scott with his 09 is coming over and I have another buddy Bob with his 09 that is coming also. So three Gen II's tonight!
I will try & stop by if I am not to busy trying to get things ready for vacation. I will look up his address. I know he is really close to me.

I just wanted to add my transaction with Kyle was seamless. Great guy to deal with.

I deal with Kyle on things I need all the time, he's a very fair and honest person. I'm buying a lot of parts and he's always treated me right.
Someday, I may build another bike with the "Stuff" I'm collecting....:rofl_200:

Just bumping CaptainKyle as a #1 person to deal with. Can't imagine a better person to deal with! Probably a cool dude to just hang out with too but I have yet to have that opportunity. PATMAX

Can someone please inform me if the stock rear shocks are interchangeable across the Gen. 1 years, apart from prehaps finish? They are all 13" eye-to-eye, o.c., yes? What about the mounting bushing diameters and widths? All the same, or what years did changes occur? I am trying to resurrect my '92 I have had for 19 yrs. & probably will just replace the 'knackered' stock shocks w/another pair of used shocks until I get everything squared away and can think of some Prog. Susp. 440's later. Or, should I just save my $ until I can buy one of the lesser grades of Prog. Susp.? Thanks.

Can someone please inform me if the stock rear shocks are interchangeable across the Gen. 1 years, apart from perhaps finish? They are all 13" eye-to-eye, o.c., yes? What about the mounting bushing diameters and widths? All the same, or what years did changes occur? I am trying to resurrect my '92 I have had for 19 yrs. & probably will just replace the 'knackered' stock shocks w/another pair of used shocks until I get everything squared away and can think of some Prog. Susp. 440's later. Or, should I just save my $ until I can buy one of the lesser grades of Prog. Susp.? Thanks.
Yes, they are all the same from 1985 to 2007. I have HD 440's on my bike and they work well, but I ran into a steal of a deal in fall of 2009 for $130 from Dennis Kirk, which I was also able to pickup a set of fork springs for free from Progressive due to a promotion running at the time. I would look around to see if there is a deal (My shocks were actually designed for a Suzuki Marauder, the only difference being one or two dimensions were fractions of a inch different) out there on shocks or just talk to Sean Morley/ Captain Kyle on this forum to see what they have available.
If you wanted to do some traveling up to lithia, FL a bunch of your fellow Florida Vmaxers are getting together today(Saturday, 3/26/11) around noon to have a tech day at a members house. Captain Kyle will be there with some of parts and doing some work on Vmax's. Check out this thread for the information. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=16579

Last edited:
Back