Parts and CaptainKyle????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
As many of you know, CaptainKyle parted out a 90 VMax. I bought a lot of stuff to go on my 89. In the process, I ended up needing a couple gaskets which he had on hand so I bought them too.

I asked why he couldn't just start stocking some of the essential parts we VMaxer's may need, gaskets, jets, and a few other items. It could be a part of his business and we'd have things close at hand for those of us in the South East.. It would also be a big help on the Tech Days that he has several times a year...

A few weeks ago, he cut a deal with one of the local Yami Dealers for a VMF Forum Discount. He said he looked into what I'd said and it looked promising that he would start stocking some parts. I don't know what he'll keep on hand but maybe he'll take requests under consideration..

Let's let him know what we think. I think it's a Great Idea...

Always good to have parts on hand. I've probably got more OEM parts on hand (new stuff) then about anyone in the U.S. (and maybe the world) not including the Yamaha warehouse. Makes it nice for dyno events or someone that needs it quickly (we can overnight but it's expensive).

I am finishing up setting up with another dealer and will now be able to supply a ton of parts for about ANY brand of motorcycle. I won't be stocking much other then Vmax stuff but it's at least available to me now.

Sean

Always good to have parts on hand. I've probably got more OEM parts on hand (new stuff) then about anyone in the U.S. (and maybe the world) not including the Yamaha warehouse. Makes it nice for dyno events or someone that needs it quickly (we can overnight but it's expensive).

I am finishing up setting up with another dealer and will now be able to supply a ton of parts for about ANY brand of motorcycle. I won't be stocking much other then Vmax stuff but it's at least available to me now.

Sean

Thats cool!
Good to know!

Right now all I have on hand is Starter clutch,vavle cover gaskets, stator gaskets ,clutch gaskets ,water pump orings & gaskets,Middle gear cover gaskets,valve shims,a few jets but not many. I will be getting more stuff soon. I will also be set up with Tucker Rocky by the end of January which has a variety of things for all diffrent bikes & hopefully not long after that I will have a deal with Parts unlimited to. Its taking a little time but I am working on it.

Man,,,, You need to buy out several neighbors for more storage... You're beyond the bigger house and garage.:rofl_200:

Awesome. I may have a source for gaskets made upon request. They charge by the sheet. We'll talk...

When I'm reviewing Damon F's how to videos, my mind always goes back to "damn, I wonder where and how does he get all those factory Yamaha parts without being raped ny the stealership?". In my dreams someone would put together the rebuild kit for the carb, or the waterpump or the whatever but broken down by the job. Or the universal "everything kit" for someone doing a complete restoration/ rebuild and even then, one cannot have every sized shim or one size fits all for several parts. Anybody ever price this out? I think Maleko broke down a carb rebuild parts list at one time. Now a list with part numbers, THAT would NE a valuable Sticky!
I also did not know Sean had just about every consumable part needed and yes I would buy from you Kyle if you start carrying these items.

It's logical for Kyle to have parts available for the Tech Days he puts on and for Dyno Run Days now... I'm the one that instigated the whole thing by suggesting it.. When I want parts, normally it's gotta be today. I go to the Dealers too much. Driving to Kyle's is a much better place to go..

If anyone needs an engine, he's offering the one out of his 86 for a very reasonable price. It pulled over 117 hp on the dyno last weekend. He's still got some parts off the 90 that I wasn't able to buy...:bang head: Yet...:rofl_200:

When I'm reviewing Damon F's how to videos, my mind always goes back to "damn, I wonder where and how does he get all those factory Yamaha parts without being raped ny the stealership?". In my dreams someone would put together the rebuild kit for the carb, or the waterpump or the whatever but broken down by the job. Or the universal "everything kit" for someone doing a complete restoration/ rebuild and even then, one cannot have every sized shim or one size fits all for several parts. Anybody ever price this out? I think Maleko broke down a carb rebuild parts list at one time. Now a list with part numbers, THAT would NE a valuable Sticky!
I also did not know Sean had just about every consumable part needed and yes I would buy from you Kyle if you start carrying these items.
Thanks PatMax I will do what i can to get a decent inventory for us Florida guys & any one else that needs something. I will also be able to get lots of other things with these other companys once I get them all lined up. Its not gonna happen over night but I am working at it.

It's logical for Kyle to have parts available for the Tech Days he puts on and for Dyno Run Days now... I'm the one that instigated the whole thing by suggesting it.. When I want parts, normally it's gotta be today. I go to the Dealers too much. Driving to Kyle's is a much better place to go..

If anyone needs an engine, he's offering the one out of his 86 for a very reasonable price. It pulled over 117 hp on the dyno last weekend. He's still got some parts off the 90 that I wasn't able to buy...:bang head: Yet...:rofl_200:
Thanks Dave ! & yes that 86 is a good motor. I wish the carbs would have not had crap in them when it hit the Dyno. I think it would have pulled well into the 120's

Well, we both know what's robbing us of more HP. With a little bit of work, maybe we'll be competition for each other. I would have been very happy with 118 HP.:rofl_200:

Well, we both know what's robbing us of more HP. With a little bit of work, maybe we'll be competition for each other. I would have been very happy with 118 HP.:rofl_200:
I got a guy that says he is coming to pick up the 86 Monday morning. If he is then I will work on Christines & get the power where it should be at on hers. I need to get some diffrent pilot jets & see what mains are in hers,

Kyle, if you're getting a large jet kit, then I'll wait & buy them from you. I'd rather give you the business than PJM.

Are we gonna have to start calling Kyle "Gary" or will it be Kyle McCoy?
You new timers won't know what I'm talking about but Gary was like the "Go To" guy at a dealership where we got great deals AND knowledge and service. He parted ways with the old job much to the chagrin of many here. I'm smelling an award coming for the Captn. Doesn't Rocky Tucker sell tires too? I know how you Maxers go through tires! Man, what a win / win arrangement. I hope we keep you busy enough to make it all worthwhile friend!

Gary was cool as hell - he helped me out a few times. But Kyle's even better - he's like Gary WITH A DYNO !!! :eusa_dance:

I don't know where Gary was but Kyle's just 20 miles away.. If we can make this work, some of us may be able to get same day parts.:biglaugh:

Hope the guy actually comes for the 86.. I'm trying to get one of the guys down here chompin at the bit over the VMax or the CBX... Now maybe his choice will be CBX...:biglaugh:

I bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff form Garry he was way cool. I dont think I can match his deals but I will still be a little cheaper than the stealer. I am still trying to get a better deal on Tucker Rocky right now I am at 25 % over cost with them. I am trying to get it where I can sell tucker rocky at 20 % over cost. Its gonna be a while on parts unlimited as they want a big chunk of chage up front to deal with them.

I don't even have the volume to deal with Parts Unlimited. I have another source I get stuff through them at a little discount anyway. I went through about $30,000 of OEM Yamaha parts last year and probably have $10,000 worth of new consumables on hand. It does make it nice having the parts right there when you need one.

By the way, We have a dyno too!

HEY EVERYBODY - DYNO PARTY AT SEAN'S NEXT WEEKEND !!!

ummm, wait a minute... :snow:

maybe we should wait a few months... :biglaugh:

Hey - this is my post number 1000 ! :th_image003:

Back