Pay Pal scams

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just checking to see what any one knows about Pay Pal scams. I have my CBX listed in quite a few places for 4,500 bucks & had a gut email me this morning saying he would pay me 4,700 bucks thru Pay pal & would arrange pickup & would not leave much info. Tell me if i am wrong I told him I only took cash thru bank transfer & if he would give me all his info his full name country he is in & copy of drivers license i would give hime bank transfer only & he sent back an email saying sorry I only do Pay Pal it sounded liike a scam to me.

The fact that he offered more than you were asking is a good indication of a scam.

i'm not sure how they would win in that situation either tho.

Kyle....If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is. They set it up to sound like there's no way you'll lose, but if someone is offering you more than your asking price.....it's a gaurantee, you will lose!!

Pay Pal charges 3 % if your receiving cash but that works out to a little more & he was not willing to give any info. I am not sure how these scams work either but my thought is if you have the cash for pay pal you can transfer it to a bank account.

Defo sounds dodgy Kyle.

However, I'd say OK send me the money through PayPal and then we'll talk about the bike.

Once you have the $ in yer account, transfer to your bank and you should be good.

The bad part of this whole thing is the guy not wanting to give his information to Kyle. That sounds a lot strange. He'd have to give something to get the bike unless he was going to send a stranger to pick it up and then say he never got delivery himself. Stick to the bank transfer and keep copies of all correspondance

I am gonna have to get used to these types of things & dont worry no bike will ever leave my garage untill money is in my personal bank account. I am not in a hurry to get rid of the bike any way.

Yeah man be cautious....I got screwed over for 3k last year..All online deal for a motorcycle....Dude was a pro!!!!!I didn't see it coming....:bang head::bang head::teeth angry:

Don't send or sell until Ebay let's you know it's cleared, then withdraw the bucks and have in hand. The buyer can use E Check. It takes 3-5 biz days to retrieve the money. The money can be canceled before getting to you during that time. If the item is already sent... PayPal will initially tell you the money is there but later will confirm the bucks are in your account. Then pull the money. There's a good chance this is a blow but you never know. Have their tele number. They may use a phony PayPal set up. Always ck the http://.......

Yeah man be cautious....I got screwed over for 3k last year..All online deal for a motorcycle....Dude was a pro!!!!!I didn't see it coming....:bang head::bang head::teeth angry:

what happened?

Back