pc680 odessey battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris08170817

Reaction score
I am thinking of putting a pc680 and it looks like they recomend the metal jacket is anyone running one of these batteries with out the jacket or with and how is it working out. they also recomend 14volts to 14.7 volts I am putting out 13.8. I know this is a lil bit low but does anyone else run this battery with that kind of voltage any input would be great guys as I am a new vmax owner of a 2004
Thanx
Chris:ummm:

I have been using the pc680 since February with about the same voltage you have, and I haven't had any problems at all. I haven't heard anything about using a metal jacket though.

I've had a non metal jacket PC680 for about five years and it's still going strong.

Never measured output voltage so can't help you there.

Metal Jacket???? I have Odysseys in both Max's, no jackets... :ummm: One's 4 YO. My charging runs about 14 volts and they're fine... They hold 12.9 v for over a week...

I have been using the pc680 since February with about the same voltage you have, and I haven't had any problems at all. I haven't heard anything about using a metal jacket though.

One model has an integral heat shield.

thanx guys if you go to the official site which is odysseyfactory.com they tell you quit abit about these batteries anything above 113 degrees they recomend the metal jacket and the recomend chargers that put out 14 to 14.7 volts thanx for the help a newbie max owner

all the metal jacket is is a box something to do about when the battery gets hot it expands and the box helps keeping it from doing that you knpow all that engineering stufff lol

I run one in my Max, I can leave it forever sitting and it fires right up, I've used it to jump start goldwing trikes before too.

I just returned from visiting Odyssey Southeast in Ft. Lauderdale FL. They ship wholesale anywhere, so I think if someone wants to get set-up w/them, they can get ahold of the office, the manager is [email protected]

They discussed charging & the need to have the proper battery charging done. They said the 1st charge should be from 14.4 to 14.8 V & maintenance from 13.5-13.8 V. Evidently the type of charger is important, I think there is a function on their website where you can check your charger's operation & see if it meets the requirements to offer the best service life. Two-yr. warranty.

Attachments

• Odyssey office.jpg
    Odyssey office.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 32
I just returned from visiting Odyssey Southeast in Ft. Lauderdale FL. They ship wholesale anywhere, so I think if someone wants to get set-up w/them, they can get ahold of the office, the manager is [email protected]

They discussed charging & the need to have the proper battery charging done. They said the 1st charge should be from 14.4 to 14.8 V & maintenance from 13.5-13.8 V. Evidently the type of charger is important, I think there is a function on their website where you can check your charger's operation & see if it meets the requirements to offer the best service life. Two-yr. warranty.
Thanks ! I might get in touch with them & see what we can work out.

Thanks ! I might get in touch with them & see what we can work out.

& lemme know if you get down this far, there are great restaurants 10 min. or less from there, good seafood, barbeque, a great been-open-forever 24 hr. diner, Indian food, a great buffet place (guy sponsors the Toys for Tots December run, usually attracts 15,000+ bikers & live bands, Steve Tyler was guest host awhile ago) & cold beer!

Here's a link, w/lots of pics: http://www.toysinthesunrun.com/

& lemme know if you get down this far, there are great restaurants 10 min. or less from there, good seafood, barbeque, a great been-open-forever 24 hr. diner, Indian food, a great buffet place (guy sponsors the Toys for Tots December run, usually attracts 15,000+ bikers & live bands, Steve Tyler was guest host awhile ago) & cold beer!

Here's a link, w/lots of pics: http://www.toysinthesunrun.com/
Will let you know we can cut out the beer & barbeque as I dont drink beer & have not found any BBQ I like better than my own. I will go fo some sea food & a Rum & Coke though.

Will let you know we can cut out the beer & barbeque as I dont drink beer & have not found any BBQ I like better than my own. I will go fo some sea food & a Rum & Coke though.

http://www.southportrawbar.com/

This is probably my favorite place to go, food's plentiful, the drinks are cold and it's right on the water off the Intracoastal Waterway so you get plenty of action. The prices are reasonable. When people come from out of town, I always try to take them here. After the first time, they often ask to come back here! Probably 3 mi or less from the Odyssey warehouse.

Back