Pictures Finally :)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked for OEM Viper Blue w/ the OEM stone white stripes - and the faux tank stripes were to be OEM stripes width - the fenders were scaled down - otherwise it would cover too much of the fender.

Sean Morley did the paint / muscle seat.

I have to work for 4 days now. Hopefully the rain has stopped so I can get back on her ;)

As for Vmaxcruzer: Go w/ the orange and BLACK stripes! Yummy!

The pictures don't do the paint justice either. It catches the light so nicely.

Very nice job! I also applaud your self control to let the bike sit while waiting to take the course! I can't say that I would have been able too!!

Hey Ghost. Nice work! The bike looks great. I'm excited to get my tins back too. It's tough to see your bike sitting there in pieces.

Not to steal the light here from Ghost but I thought about painting mine in hugger orange with a couple of white stripes down the middle.

Hey Vmaxcruzer ... I LOVE orange on bikes. I say go for it. I've had TWO orange bikes. Go figure.

As for Vmaxcruzer: Go w/ the orange and BLACK stripes! Yummy!

The pictures don't do the paint justice either. It catches the light so nicely.[/QUOTE]

I agree ,BUT, instead of 2 bold stripes , orange may look better with 1 large in the center with 2 pin size on either side.
Would prolly work better for scale to the fenders.
Again , nice job Ghost.

we've got that paint scheme too. Go to the muscle paint section and look at the green paint.

Sean

LOVE IT! I should have gotten that color in my G8. I think my next car will be royal blue.

Cheers,
Chris

No, I haven't done anything to it.

What do you recommend?

I was going to wax it down - but that's all that I know one can do?

Don't forget to post one or two in the muscle paint thread!

Sean

not sure I would coat it?? I would think it would kill some of the luster.

Sean

I will be waxing it in a couple days, when I am off :)

And for Sean Morley - I am going to try to make a side-by-side photo comparison for you're Muscle paint thread! :)

I will be waxing it in a couple days, when I am off :)

And for Sean Morley - I am going to try to make a side-by-side photo comparison for you're Muscle paint thread! :)

DO NOT WAX IT! Wait about 3 months before putting anything on it.

You'll seal the paint when it needs to breathe and release the solvents.

In the great white North I'd wait till spring. It takes a VERY long time to off gas the solvents.

If you don't wait you risk clear popping.

Chris

The paint is oven cured and a 2 part chemical conversion paint. It can (and is recommended) to wax it at the earliest time possible. The older paints used to have the problem chris noted and if they exihibit the problems now then there was a defect in the process.

The body paint is a base clear poly-urethane while the black paint we use on our engines is a single stage process that is very durable.

Sean

Back