Pilot Jet Screw THread Size

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corkman

Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the threads on the pilot jet screw? I had to "easy out" one on a bike I bought and the threads seem to be buggered up a little as the replacement needle jet does not screw in as far as it should. I would like to buy a tap and clean the threads out but I am not sure of the thread size and it is smaller than the set of tap and dies I bought from Harbor Freight.

Thanks,
Bill

If you are talking about the AF mixture screws they are M6 X .50 Probably have to get the tap from Mcmaster car or some where like that . I doubt harbor freight will have them.

i like HF too, and i wouldnt' use an HF tap for this job.

There are not a whole lot of hand tools I use from Harbor freight. I think I got my taps from Mc Master carr

i have a 1/2" drive 12pt set that i've been using forever and they've held up amazing. some of their gearwrench knockoff stuff works very well too. anything with plastic tho was junk.

i've had good luck with their stuff, as long as you know what you're getting.

altho i use my tools a lot less than you too. a lifetime warranty is great but running to the store daily is not.

I have my fare share of stuff from there like my little press, bike lift, bead blaster, portable air tank & I have a 1/2 impact that seems to work great. The other stuff like you said I cant afford to be running back returning stuff all the time. I am sure it holds up great for the average user. I can manage to break anything I have had the Snap on guy not happy with me on a couple occasions.

I have my fare share of stuff from there like my little press, bike lift, bead blaster, portable air tank & I have a 1/2 impact that seems to work great. The other stuff like you said I cant afford to be running back returning stuff all the time. I am sure it holds up great for the average user. I can manage to break anything I have had the Snap on guy not happy with me on a couple occasions.

speaking of the 1/2" impact, their electric is incredible:

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-electric-impact-wrench-68099.html

i've only needed it ahandful of times but its saved my ass.

i don't use airtools really so maybe an air one woulda worked but this sure was easy.

I guess I could be lazy & buy one of them & put in my truck with an inverter so I could change my truck & trailer tires quicker.

i think its a 7-8 amp drill, but i imagine startup is rediculous on it, would have to be a pretty good inverter.

Latest posts

Back