PLEASE HELP!It wont start!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
:bang head: I have the new ignition so count that out.

-All my fuses are brand new
-starter relay is brand new
-starter/silinoid works just fine
-kill switch has been bypassed (switch removed and wires connected strait to one another)
-dry cell battery holding perfect power
-main fuse has continuity(so not blown)
-The kick stand shouldnt be it because the bike starts(until now) with the kick stand down you just cant ride it with it down.

I turn the key,the power comes on.
The fuel pump never comes on and when I hit the start button the lights dim and the oil light comes on until I release the button.BUT IT NEVER TURNS OVER OR PRIMES THE CARBS.

The only thing Ive done is change out the rear end on the bike,so the tail light and blinkers are changed but thats it!

WHY WONT THIS DAMN THING START? HELP....:bang head:
Before the ignition went out and the tail swap it ran perfectly,now I got no clue.:confused2::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:
I need it tomorrow night!

Sorry man, no electrical guru here, but i don't like seeing how many problems u've had lately. u can bypass the starter switch and jump it right? does that work? (it did before, right?)

I can jump the silinoid but the bike wont start,it turns over just fine when I jump the relay but no start.I assume this is from the lack of fuel,the carns never prime and the fuel pump never kicks on.
Its acting like my kill switch is on but I DONT HAVE A KILL SWITCH.

Its drivin me nuts,one day it runs GREAT then the ignition starts to go out but I can still fire it up.My parts come from England and I get them installed,go to take it on a test run with new parts(all body parts so nothing got messed with) and it wont do a thing.
I replace the starter relay and the ignition and nothing still.

Maybe the kill switch has to have those 2 wires diconnected to run???

i've seen weirder stuff. are u getting voltage to your fuel pump?

Ive tried hooking it up to my charger(high power charger,enough to jump a bike rather than charge it)
Have not checked if any juice goes to the pump but I would assume its not because my fuel pump works great and was cleaned and rebuilt a few months ago so as soon as my key is on the pump should start priming.

So what happened when hooked to the charger?

Have you got a car/car battery you could try hooking up to see if that works? If it works it's defo a dead battery problem.

Next you need to see if you're getting any voltage at the starter motor - if not something else might be going on. There's a relay behind the left hand scoop back plate (under the TCI) that has to be on or the bike won't start. You might wanna remove the left scoop, unscrew the back plate and check that the relay is clicking when you turn the ignition on. If it doesn't, you'll have more of a clue as to why it's not starting. I can't remember all the things, but it is a combination of kill switch, clutch lever switch, neutral switch and side stand switch that must all be good for that relay to energize.

By "new ignition", do you mean a new key switch assembly or a new tci black box?

It wouldn't be the first time a new key switch assembly was found to be faulty, nor the tci, for that matter.

If you installed a new key switch, how about all that wiring? Would it have been possible to reconnect the new switch without getting all the connectors back together completely, or maybe interchanged in some fashion? Not having ever done a key switch, I'm not sure how much wiring you would need to wade through to get the old one off. :confused2:

:ummm::ummm::ummm::ummm:

it was the key switch,the wiring is super easy. It has a plug with 3 wires that just snap together.That part I know is good

Latest posts

Back