Possible; Carb to Fuel Inj?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, $3500 and up will get you one ready to bolt on. Bill at wildbrothers sells a kit.

Or, you can try to make your own as a few have done. I have seen it done with another system called the megasquirt. Haven't seen one in person yet though.

Sean

Here is the kit Sean referred to

100_1294.JPG

$3750.... ouch! I'd love to have one but my wallet is telling me no! :biglaugh: Lots of other good stuff on his site

I think the price on the kits have gone up as well..at this point Ican't justify getting one..would rather save for a different bike (Aprilia V4)

I think the price on the kits have gone up as well..at this point Ican't justify getting one..would rather save for a different bike (Aprilia V4)

i got a 2000 rsv mille i bought in 02 with 9550 miles on it. i've had it for 5 years and it now has only 11140 on the clock!! i'm 42 and wish i had bought this bike when i was in my 20's. it's way to fast for this old man!! i may get rid of it this summer-not sure quite yet though. maybe the 89 max goes instead. definetely on of them-4 bikes is becoming a chore to maintain every year. if you're interested, shoot me an offer-i'll at least consider it.

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 14
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 18
That would rule, but damn that is pricey. I bet you could DIY with something like Megasquirt for much less. I have never done a DIY injection setup on a bike, but have helped do it on cars before. Of course, if this system comes with pre-made maps and the such it can save you the heartache and dollars of improperly tuned engines exploding or melting pistons.

Mike

The megasquirt has been done before so you might be able to get with them to find out the map.

Sean

Back