Power Ball winner in Virginia

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outside Tampa, we have a few members there... Any luck?

Personally I had all the numbers except the powerball spread over 5 tickets. New record for me though with 2 right numbers on a single ticket... Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, I beat the odds! This will be my last post fellas. Don't contact me, I'll contact you!
I suppose I can get that Lobotomy surgery I've been wanting!

Of the 600m jackpot, the winner elected to take a lump sum, which after taxes and all that, came out to be 373m.

It's certainly not a pittance, but the government helps themselves to around 40% of all lottery winnings. So it's kind of rigged that "the man" wins on every single ticket.

I could get by just fine on 373m :) I think the lottery system itself gives you less if you elect for the lump sum, the actual jackpot is only for an annuity. I could be wrong but I am fairly certain I read that at some point.

The winner is where my mom lives in the winter. (Zephyrhills FL) and I have a lot of family there. I was just there a few weeks ago. Haven't heard from any family there, but I'm not the first call they would make. I've been in that publix many times. "so close, but yet so far"

Of the 600m jackpot, the winner elected to take a lump sum, which after taxes and all that, came out to be 373m.

It's certainly not a pittance, but the government helps themselves to around 40% of all lottery winnings. So it's kind of rigged that "the man" wins on every single ticket.

It's like the gas tax. The gov't doesn't do anything for it , except collect the money. No investment, no maintenance , just fill out a deposit slip please. What a rip. And to think the original Tea Party rebelled against a 1% tax on tea.

I could get by just fine on 373m :) I think the lottery system itself gives you less if you elect for the lump sum, the actual jackpot is only for an annuity. I could be wrong but I am fairly certain I read that at some point.

The lottery gives you about 60% if you take a lump sum, that's the 373. The gov't will take an additional 40%, so the winner will clear about 224M. Shucks, that's not even a quarter billion. :biglaugh:

Back