progressive 430?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mymax04

Reaction score
anyone have these? thinkin of picking up a set for hopefully a touch lower than their asking price of 200. He said they are 11 1/2' eye to eye. If I remember right that is exactly the size I was looking for.

Attachments

• 3Ec3Kd3N95G15K35Fecc43c43175122d5178a.jpg
    3Ec3Kd3N95G15K35Fecc43c43175122d5178a.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 58
anyone have these? thinkin of picking up a set for hopefully a touch lower than their asking price of 200. He said they are 11 1/2' eye to eye. If I remember right that is exactly the size I was looking for.

Those are beautiful shocks, pretty sure COPRUNNER got some. $200 doesn't sound like a bad price IIRC, they're well over $300 new aren't they?

2 Bones for 430's.. Say it isn't so.. Any chance there's another set??

Sean Morley has fantastic prices on all kinds of stuff, but 200 for 412's sound more like it!!
You'll find 430's on his site as well though ;-)

I'm new too the game but I've heard only good things about Pro Suspension. There supposed to be a really good deal for the price.. Even the 412's are apparently 100x better than stock. And your right, 11.5 are a 1.5" lower than the stock 13"..
Hope that helps..

ya ill probly get them but I asked them the question of how old or how many miles they thought they had on them.. they look decent in the pic

Ahh.. So they're a used pair I'm guessing??
Good question!! Im not sure of the milage and when it's time to replace them..
If I come across a thread I'll let you know..

yes they are used.. still a decent price I think and I may as well get them cuz 200 is alot easier for me to spare than 500, then I spend the 100 on the front and Im done!! (with that part lol)

edit-----1 yr old about 1000 miles... sounds realistic

Sounds like a good deal too me.. I'm also doing my fronts with PS Springs though I'm staying stock height in front cause I plan on a BellyPan eventually!!
Congrats on gettin' er' done!!

Jump on 'em . They are excellent shocks for the Max , and even better at that price !!! I had a short set of Progressive 412s , which looked great but lowered my '98 a bit too much and gave a rough ride through the bumpy curves and didn't give me good feedback either. The 430s raised the rear and really upgraded the ride with excellent feed back, smoothed out the bumps and generally helped my butt stay planted and got me through the same curves with much better lean and held the line better as well. .

Attachments

• Group 3   5-28-12 285.jpg
    Group 3 5-28-12 285.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 33
okay update on the deal... I went to get them & I usually try to get a lower price on everything I buy.. heck thats part of the fun of buyin and sellin right? but I told myself that I wasnt even gonna try this time, but I looked at them & I can tell one of the has been seeping for a short time... I showed the guy & offered 100. he took it. so now the next thing is having theses rebuilt? I just seen the thread on rebuiling a oe shock so I assumed that theses can be too... who & how much. Parts or do it myself?

Yes, send them through progressive but not sure on the cost.

I think the 30 & 40 series have a lifetime warranty, though it may only apply to the original owner..

I think the 30 & 40 series have a lifetime warranty, though it may only apply to the original owner..

I was hoping that they had a lifetime warrany & wondered about the reciept thing or just having them in my poseesion they would honor their product.. I have to admit I was disappointed when I seen them leaking. I thought they made a better product.. so now the thought runs through my mind if it isnt transferrable, whos got a reciept I can borrow, or would that be wrong?:confused2:

Part # is 430-4070

Last edited:
It's very unusual for me not being on the up and up so I'd say try to have them repaired on your dime. If you do get them repaired and pay for it, let us know how much it costs.. I am curious.. The 412 series don't come with a warranty so I hear..

okay update on the deal... I went to get them & I usually try to get a lower price on everything I buy.. heck thats part of the fun of buyin and sellin right? but I told myself that I wasnt even gonna try this time, but I looked at them & I can tell one of the has been seeping for a short time... I showed the guy & offered 100. he took it. so now the next thing is having theses rebuilt? I just seen the thread on rebuiling a oe shock so I assumed that theses can be too... who & how much. Parts or do it myself?

mymax04, can you tell if those 430's are USA made or were they made in Mexico?

Look on the barrel, behind the spring, it should say "Made in ......." I just found out recently that some Progressive shocks are made in Mexico, and was very surprised.

Latest posts

Back