progressive 430?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMERICA?S PREMIER MANUFACTURER OF MOTORCYCLE SUSPENSION

? ?
PROGRESSIVE SUSPENSION'S SHOCK ABSORBER LIMITED WARRANTY

* Progressive Suspension's only responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. Progressive Suspension will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss of use of product. Progressive Suspension reserves the right to change the design of any product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured.

* This warranty is subject to the following limitations in addition to any imposed by virtue of applicable law.

o The warranty applies only to shock absorbers purchased from Authorized Dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only for a period of one (1) year from date of purchase.
o All products returned to Progressive Suspension for warranty inspection must receive prior return authorization which can be given over the phone.

Ship products prepaid and insured. Progressive Suspension assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable.

o Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
+ Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect
+ Damage caused by improper installation, use in an improper application or use in conjunction with other devices such as lowering blocks
+ Normal wear and tear
+ Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship
+ Damage caused by use in racing
+ Any and all claims for consequential or incidental damages

o All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by Progressive Suspension.
o Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
o All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from an Authorized Dealer. Invoice or charge receipt must clearly identify the dealer.
o Progressive Suspension product is not covered by any verbal warranties.

mymax04, can you tell if those 430's are USA made or were they made in Mexico?

Look on the barrel, behind the spring, it should say "Made in ......." I just found out recently that some Progressive shocks are made in Mexico, and was very surprised.

I will deffinately look when I get home dannymax

I hear PS plug the fact that there 430 and 440 have a lifetime not a 1 year..

I will deffinately look when I get home dannymax

I really doubt they are, the 430's being one of their newer premier shocks....but I got a pair for parts a couple weeks ago, 412's with the adjuster holes in the lower spring cup, and was really surprised to see 'Made in Mexico' on the barrel.

And both of those shocks were leaking also.

I'm glad I asked.. Didn't even consider if i need longer shocks with a longer Swingarm :-(
Your Swingarm isn't extended??

One of many YouTube videos where the presenter mentions the "limited" lifetime warranty on the 430's .. Curious though.. What defines limited??
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7lzLdi_nro&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I need some one with a reciept & Ill send them in and find out what limited means I guess... still disappointing to hear of stories & seeing these one leaking after only a short time.. I dont care if it is a 412. Its got their name on it, it should be quality..I dont wanna change this thread to a "whats wrong with this world" but its one more example

I'm glad I asked.. Didn't even consider if i need longer shocks with a longer Swingarm :-(
Your Swingarm isn't extended??

No, I just notched and braced it; I don't have the skills or know how to extend one myself.

Talk to Sean if you want extended. Depending on if the shock mounts get relocated changes the need for diff. length shocks I think.

Thanks Rusty. I won't be doin' much until I get a new set of pipes and Seans Kit.. A few odds and ends in the mean time... I figure it'll take me years as well to get done what I think I'd like ;-)

Warrantied to the original purchaser.
I noticed late in the summer crud collecting on my RH so I'm getting some weeping too. Curious I pulled out my receipt for my 440's purchased in Oct of 2009 and will email them to see what they will do. The paperwork says "Limited Lifetime Warranty" and as Sean said "to the original purchaser". Mine are the HD version of shocks with spring rates of 120/170, 13" length, black finish.
I will contact them to see what they say.
I am also going to pick up one of their shock tools (32-5508) and a set of their 105/150 springs just to give me some options.

eeek! 445.00 on dennis Kirk. guess that answers that part of the question

Keep your eyes open for a sale. I got a set of 440's and a voucher for Prgressive fork springs for $159.00. Their not bad shocks. Sometimes, used is a good way to go for a deal.
Steve-o

Steve-o
Where do you think this sale might be for those 440's??

mymax04, can you tell if those 430's are USA made or were they made in Mexico?

Look on the barrel, behind the spring, it should say "Made in ......." I just found out recently that some Progressive shocks are made in Mexico, and was very surprised.

Nothing whatso ever on either one of them saying where they were made:confused2:

Back