Progressive 440 adjustment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike7488

Reaction score
Can someone here that has the Progressive 440's explain the way to adjust these for inital setup? I am not seeing much in the way of markings to indicate a starting point or a way to tell that both shocks are adjusted the same. Any help would be appreciated.:ummm:

-Mike

The top cap over the spring is threaded and turning it changes preload. Righty tighty lefty loosey...

If memory serves there are notches you can see but I may have just measured off the same distance on both sides.

No rebound control settings as it has Ricor valves in them which auto adjust.

As Chris said. Best way I found is to turn the caps all the way to the left (least amount of preload) and them turn them to the right by the exact same amount of turns.

There are marks on the shocks that appear as the caps turn. Depending on your weight, whether you ride solo or two-up, and with or without luggage, you will choose different preload settings.

I'm about 200lbs in kit, ride mostly solo, with a little luggage (top box and panniers). I've set mine to about two marks on the shocks. I believe there are five marks in total.

thanks....I have heard about the marks but have been unable to locate them on my shocks, will look again. I knew that the top turned to adjust the preload but was unware if this was the only adjustment that these had. I have marked one of the small dimples that are on the top ring and counted the revolutions to adjust up to this point, using one complete revolution as a starting point. I will start tuning once I get the bike rolling again.

-Mike

Latest posts

Back