Projector beams?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calibretto

Reaction score
Anyone retrofitted a projector pod on their VMAX? Found a Hella Projector driving light that looks promising for a mod. Anyone tried this yet with the large projector beam kits that are not ment for fog lights?

Pics? :biglaugh:

Yeah, buddy did...believe it's a pod from KTM. It puts out pretty decent light although stock does better IMHO when you do the headlight relay mod. My friend is currently looking at doing HID.

Mark

Yeah, buddy did...believe it's a pod from KTM. It puts out pretty decent light although stock does better IMHO when you do the headlight relay mod. My friend is currently looking at doing HID.

Mark

HID would be nicer :)

Let me know how that turns out! I'd wait for that. If it doesn't produce a ton of glare it'd be a winner. I've found most kits that fit in regular housings don't work well, the light goes everywhere...

I've got an HID projector module from a Nissan 350Z that I've been thinking about doing something with for a while now. It would need a housing built for it.

Problem with most of these is the distance from the bulb to the lens is great enough that it would take an oddbal looking housing to fit it.

I haven't made the HID jump yet but these projectors come from a car that used the same housing for HID(Cadillac).

I'll try and attach a pic of my setup if anyone is curious.
It's in extended mock up right now (just means I been too lazy to finish it and make it look nice). It has been up to over 145 indicated and in crazy rain. Was glad it didn't fall off.

Keep in mine the cheesy grin was caused by the 132.8hp run on the dyno. It stayed there the whole wet rainy way back to Nebraska. Might have also had something to do with the Kamikaze 145+ mph run as soon as I hit dry pavement.

Hand filed front forks turned out pretty damn stable. LOL :biglaugh:

Frank

Attachments

• DSCF1020 (Small).JPG
    DSCF1020 (Small).JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF1059 (Small).JPG
    DSCF1059 (Small).JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 52
I haven't made the HID jump yet but these projectors come from a car that used the same housing for HID(Cadillac).

It's in extended mock up right now (just means I been too lazy to finish it and make it look nice). It has been up to over 145 indicated and in crazy rain. Was glad it didn't fall off.

Keep in mine the cheesy grin was caused by the 132.8hp run on the dyno. It stayed there the whole wet rainy way back to Nebraska. Might have also had something to do with the Kamikaze 145+ mph run as soon as I hit dry pavement.

Hand filed front forks turned out pretty damn stable. LOL :biglaugh:

Frank

I must say that you have VERY large breasts in the first pic...:surprise:

:rofl_200:

Looks great!:cheers:

That's not my cup-o-tea, I'm looking for something I can use the stock housing in, or another similar to stock looking housing. Maybe I'm just boring though.

It's in extended mock up right now (just means I been too lazy to finish it and make it look nice).
Frank

Looks good, you'll have to post the finished pics

Back