Push Start?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falaholic

Reaction score
Haven't tried it yet, but wanted to ask if push starting the V is simple.
5mph start, then dump the clutch in first?
Or does the rear tyre just lock up and skid?

2nd or even 3rd gear will be less likely lock up the rear wheel and more likely to work the first time.

pm ed custom max his son and him R absolute pro at push starting a v max:biglaugh:

I think that's the only time ed let his son touch his bike. lol. you gotta laugh ed you don't have to like me right now but you gotta laugh. :biglaugh:

I had a charging issue at the beginning of the season. Bike wouldn't start at the gas pump. Totally uncool! Luckily the parking lot was slightly downhill. I pushed for about four or five quick steps, threw my leg over, popped it in second and dumped the clutch. Fired right up easily.

2nd gear, choke on, downhill, wind at your back, a big linebacker pushing you.

Had a few batteries I tried to get extra life out of and then had a bad started. I am a pro at push starting the V. I just run with her for 6-10 steps, jump onto the seat and drop the clutch in 1st. Fires nearly every time. Never have had the rear tire lock up unless I don't get rolling fast enough.

C

2nd gear, choke on, downhill, wind at your back, a big linebacker pushing you.

The only problem with a hill is when you have to push it up to hill if it doesn't start. Tried it at my parents house they have a "slight" decline to their drive way. Yeah didn't start for about 5 tries and I threw up from pushing up and down the hill. EFF That! Get a jump pack

Are we talking Thunder 2013 Mike? That was something, I was glad when the new battery arrived.
I missed the bike pushing Olympics, but was glad to see the relief on Ed's face when we picked up the new battery and got it charging.
I've learned that a flat (<5 v no response when key turned on) PC680 can be brought back to life, a couple times (so far). The process is as follows: http://www.odysseybattery.com/documents/ProceduretorecoverdeeplydischargedODYSSEY.pdf

Back