Quest For Gen II Continues....? Need Input.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was just so much fun. I left my bike in Bad_Max's Driveway. Had a little trouble with his clutch, it's modified and my Left Wrist was ripped apart in a bike wreck years ago. I went around the block and back without incident. Came back and Bad_Max told me to get it out on a longer stretch.

I hadn't bothered taking a helmet as I was only planning to go around the block. Left the helmet and started South on a main but small road. I turned around at the first red light. I noticed a Black Sedan across from me. The mirrors on the bike were adjusted way wrong for me so I had to lean forward to see behind. The black car pulled up within a couple feet and stayed there. I was behind a very slow driver so that probably worked to my advantage. I took the first left I could, into the residential neighborhood. The car followed and pulled right up on my butt again. Badd JuJu feelings came over me. Frigging Bike looks like it's going fast when it's barely moving.

Next thing I heard was a siren and an announcement to pull over now. I was doing all of 15 miles per when I was tagged. The Officer got out with hand on the gun and said, are you the owner of this motorcycle. No, I'm test riding it. License and Proof of Insurance, Oops, License but the insurance card is in my bike about 10 blocks away. Well, in Florida ya gotta have a helmet or proof of insurance. Ticket $116.00 but I can go to the Clerk of the Court and show Proof of Insurance. I believe the deputy told me it would be $10.00 then.

Got back to Bad_Max's and handed him the ticket so he could join in the excitement. He felt really bad for me but it was my fault. I'll let him go into further explanations of how intricate this whole thing gets only if he wants to. Into each life comes a little entertainment, I had my dose for the day.:biglaugh:

I started toward the Court with my bike to end this crap but I realized that I was heavily armed so I just went home. I didn't want this to balloon into a felony with me going to prison or some such thing. My Wife got a tickle that it was over something so silly and the cop wouldn't go 10 blocks to get proof of insurance. She also told me that the Clerk isn't there today anyway, it's a holiday...

SFD!!!That's what we used to say in the service when Shit Happened. Be careful what you ask....:rofl_200:

BTW, Bad_Max and I are friends for good. Couldn't end any other way with a story like this.

I think I'll just go back to vacation and then put my Marks Exhaust on my Gen I...

Yeah I'm sorry Dave. That guy's a real jerk. He sits low in the ditch in front of the college giving people tickets all day long. We had our go around once, and I contested it. When he didn't show up for court, it got thrown out. Didn't think he would recognise my bike now since the mods were done.. Sorry it turned out to be a bust. I sure didn't want it to end that way. At least you got to ride one, even if it was only a short ride..

Last edited:
What a douche....
So what did you think Dave? about the bike that is?:biglaugh:

Crap, your speedo must be off, I'd swear it was more like 165. Brett, you and a few others have told me what it would be like. Kinda like a Gen I with 2 engines. Double the torque and I think the Gen I would be competitive. The difference is that the Gen I gives you a little time to think when you twist the wick. This Gen II is like being let go from a slingshot and I never got into it hard at all. Never had the chance.:sad2:

Comparison, Gen I has timed afterburners. Gen II is like a take off and flight with full afterburn. All that and I never got over 165.:biglaugh:

I didn't mention that my hat blew off, probably in front of the cops house, one block over. Shoulda grabbed my helmet, I was even headed back in the right direction. If that slow car hadn't been in front of me when the unmarked cop was on my ass, I probably would have gone triple digits to get him off my tail. We should have pointed the camera backwards. I could have leaned back and touched his hood. I'd like a picture of that, I'd wait and go to court just to fry him in front of the judge.

Mary looked on line to see if she could print out the info about the stop but I guess it was so insignificant it wasn't even there. The listing went back farther in time but nothing about me.

I can clearly see my Drivers License going down the toilet if / when I get a Gen II. Oh well, I'd just be more of an Outlaw than I already am.:rofl_200:

Bad_Max's Bike is all that the name implies and more, It's Beauty and the Beast, all in one....:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Thanx for the ride Bad_Max...

Thanks & No problem Dave.. snapped these as the sun was going down.. maybe you can show momma the "widow maker, ticket taker" :D

Attachments

• max-1011.jpg
    max-1011.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 40
  • max1011-5.jpg
    max1011-5.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 42
  • max1011-7.jpg
    max1011-7.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 39
Another members idea for better rider peg position..
Actually I recognise that photograph:hmmm:. I took it 2 days ago. What I would like to point out, if anyone wants to try this system, is that while I believe the mounting points on the frame, where this new bracket assembly bolts onto, are reasonably strong, I always tell my wife to "mount" the machine using the original passenger pegs. But it is quick and easy to bolt on and off. Another advantage of this set up is that your passenger can alter between 2 different sets of pegs if her legs start to cramp up.

Good idea, Multiple Passenger Pegs.

I'm going to the Clerk of the Court today and see about deleting this BS Ticket. I've got better things to do than worry about that crap.

Dave

Actually I recognise that photograph:hmmm:. I took it 2 days ago. What I would like to point out, if anyone wants to try this system, is that while I believe the mounting points on the frame, where this new bracket assembly bolts onto, are reasonably strong, I always tell my wife to "mount" the machine using the original passenger pegs. But it is quick and easy to bolt on and off. Another advantage of this set up is that your passenger can alter between 2 different sets of pegs if her legs start to cramp up.

All's well that ends well.. Went with Dave to the Courthouse in case of any confusion about who owns the bike & he got it deleted for $3.50 :)

Came home & put in that cool Accel filter :)

Attachments

• accel.jpg
    accel.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 24
All's well that ends well.. Went with Dave to the Courthouse in case of any confusion about who owns the bike & he got it deleted for $3.50 :)

Came home & put in that cool Accel filter :)
Good job guys, it sounded like a petty ticket for sure.
Does the Accel have a reusable filter like a K&N?

My thanks to Bad_Max and Wife. The people at the Court House don't have a clue about anything. They told me I had to prove the bike wasn't mine the first trip. 2nd trip Bad_Max showed positive proof of ownership and they still wanted to argue. Putting a statement on a piece of paper, signing it and paying $3.50 worked this 2nd time but wasn't ok the first??? Best thing, If you drive in Florida, be invisible. I'll believe this is over when there's no warrant issued for my arrest after 30 days. Every official from the Deputy on told me a different story... I did a search on line to try and sort it out..:rofl_200::bang head:

Don't FU in Florida.... If you do, prepare to meet stupidity.....

I believe I'll work on my Gen I and give the thoughts of a Gen II a rest for a while... There's too much excitement involved...

wellp. looks like im pickin up the torch where u left off man. i plan on buying mine in 2 weeks.

Congrats mattness. I'm back to stuffing my piggy bank for now. The urge to just do it's still there but I can't finance that and the rifle builds I need to stay active with AFRCOM. I've still got more plans for the Gen 1 too. I may put everything else up for sale but nothing's moving right now.:sad2:

i was gonna buy a venture but it fell through so F it go big or go home only live once.

I'd be happy to stimulate the economy too. Just haven't had payments in so long, I almost forgot what a PITA they are. Besides, I'm sure I missed out on my serial number 001952 bike.:sad2:

I was bopping around looking for production numbers on the Gen I and came across this.
Holy Crap, This is the Bike Bad Max let me test ride.. And, I get busted at 15 mph.:bang head:

Check it out:
http://www.vmaxguru.com/Ride_Events/Brad_Drag_4-30-09/Brad_Drag_4-30-09.htm

Bad Max, I see you about 1/4 of the way down the page. Way Too Cool. I know, You told
me but Ya didn't tell me I could read about it, see photos and video of it too.

You can always come take it for a real test ride Dave. That was just bad timing that day & Mr hotsh*t Lieutenant was around. Did you also notice Jay & Max on the cover of the DVD? :biglaugh:
He ran 9.74 @140mph through factory mufflers on a street tire (with a slipping clutch), a year and a half ago..

Attachments

• dvd.jpg
    dvd.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 16
  • jaysigned.jpg
    jaysigned.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 14
  • jaymax.jpg
    jaymax.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 16
  • jaymaxs.jpg
    jaymaxs.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 17
That's Very Cool having all that documentation on your bikes life. Too bad Lt DkHd's so young. He'll be around your neighborhood for some time to come. You seem to be his mission in life... I think we call that Target Fixation or is it Tunnel Vision?:biglaugh:

Back