Quick Wheel Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1170_rearbrake.jpg
    1170_rearbrake.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 43
Yep, once the wheel is off, you can take off the ring. Let me know if you need pics... I have all kinds of things torn apart!
Jeff

Yep, once the wheel is off, you can take off the ring. Let me know if you need pics... I have all kinds of things torn apart!
Jeff

yea man if u don't mind that would be great. I don't have my rear wheel apart and from the diagrams and my haynes manual it doesn't show if the spline and whatnot has to come out first or not. It appears its just separate from all that, simply just a guard, it can come out before after or during all that shit.. correct?

Yep ring is readily accessible once wheel is rolled out from under bike. One thing I noticed is that the screws seem to bottom out in the wheel just as they snug up. I wonder if it's like that to help keep the screws from backing out?

I have to wonder because on my new wheels the screws bottom out before they snug up the ring leaving it slightly loose. I got some shorter ones but don't want them backing out and lathing my wheels while rolling down the road!

not sure what others will say but i would say i would want the shorter screws and some blue loctite....

Different question, but its close enough so I'm including it...

does anyone know what the lock bolts sizes are on the front and rear axle's are offhand?

And also the front axle bolt size?

Thanks in advance guys..

-g

Front axle pinch bolt is M8 x 1.25.

Rear pinch bolt isn't mentioned...as far as I can tell.

Front axle pinch bolt is M8 x 1.25.

Rear pinch bolt isn't mentioned...as far as I can tell.

Mark thanks for the quick answer but I actually re-read my post and I asked for the wrong thing.

I was looking for the bolt head size....

My bike is in storage about 30 mins from my house and I have some sockets on me and was going to see which others I needed if someone knew offhand.

Bike is in garage so easy to check. :) NO problem, have a beer next time you're in town. :)

Bike is in garage so easy to check. :) NO problem, have a beer next time you're in town. :)

i'll buy the first round. hah... it might be a while 'til i'm out that way but the offer will stand there or in boston.

Latest posts

Back