R.I.P. Andy Griffith

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1

Thanks for the memories Sheriff Taylor. As a kid watching the AG show with my dad was a regular thing.

Tell Aunt B we miss her cobbler something fierce. Happy stone skipping.

Some of you older guys might remember what he did before that TV show. My first memory of Andy was comedy albums which were popular in the 50's and 60's. He had a famous routine that was called "What It Was, Was Football". Google it and have a great laugh... :biglaugh:

I've known this day was coming. George Lindsay a month or so ago and now Andy. I grew up on this show and it's been my favorite. My daughter, now 10, has been enjoying it as much as I did when I was her age. The 'complete season' dvds have been released on the cheap and I just started this year watching season by season (just finished season 4). As far as adult regular cast members go, I believe only Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) and Jim Nabors (Gomer) are left.

Not to mention that's where "Richie Cunningham" got his start......besides Happy Days he directs some pretty awesome movies.................

Not to mention that's where "Richie Cunningham" got his start......besides Happy Days he directs some pretty awesome movies.................

Especially some of his B movies he made for producer Roger Corman before he got a "shot" direct the mainstream Hollywood movies he is now noted for directing.

When I saw him in " A Face In The Crowd " , I couldn't believe how good he was so early in his acting career. Matlock came so easy for him 'cause he'd been in front of the camera for so long.

Back