r1 fork springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone else here is running the r1 front end? i realize the max is far heavier than the r1 so i want to respring the internals in the forks. right now i'm having an issue with the headers scraping when i brake in the turns. any suggestions would be appreciated.

was wondering if anyone else here is running the r1 front end? i realize the max is far heavier than the r1 so i want to respring the internals in the forks. right now i'm having an issue with the headers scraping when i brake in the turns. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Headers scraping what?:surprise:

Most sportbikes have the option of screwing extenders onto the tops of the forks. Look into that... I know they have them for the SV1000 and other Suzuki's.

Headers scraping what?:surprise:

Most sportbikes have the option of screwing extenders onto the tops of the forks. Look into that... I know they have them for the SV1000 and other Suzuki's.

headers are scraping the ground. seems under hard braking the front end compresses to the point where the headers will scrape right under the oil filter. not a problem when braking in the straights, only in the corners. does anyone make an extension for the r1 forks? i'm pretty sure they should be resprung as the max is heavier than the r1. any suggestions? where would i look to find the extensions you are talking about? thanks odieoh

headers are scraping the ground. seems under hard braking the front end compresses to the point where the headers will scrape right under the oil filter. not a problem when braking in the straights, only in the corners. does anyone make an extension for the r1 forks? i'm pretty sure they should be resprung as the max is heavier than the r1. any suggestions? where would i look to find the extensions you are talking about? thanks odieoh

http://www.gpsuspension.com/products/newproducts_detail.php?item=1

Is where I saw them...:thumbs up:

Re spring it with Race-Tech 1KG springs too...

odieoh24...

Racetech has 1+ kg springs you should check out.

I'm running 1 kg springs and had Tom at Cycle One Off make my billet extensions for the Hayabusa front end. He can make them up to 4 inches. I went with the long ones since my triples are not dropped in design. 2 or 3 inches for dropped triples would do nicely.

http://www.cycleoneoff.com

Tell him Neil sent you!!!

Attachments

Why are you braking in the corners? :ummm: That's usually a really good way to go straight through the turn...

Latest posts

Back