r6/1 gold dots better than blue??? hmmmm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gold are on the limited edition bikes (and newer ones that don't fit). The 6 piston are still a better overall feel and power.

Sean

Never heard of the difference and I have both colors. Of course I'm with Sean, six pots got a lot of pad surface. Good find Donnelly!
I run SS lines and FJR master and feel the brakes probably exceed what my tire can deliver.

Yea Im excited can't wait for my FZR 6 pots to come in! There was a set of yfz 750 on ebay for 68 bucks in europe tho. PAT you ever use caliper paint??? I wanna paint them blue..

Never heard that about the pot colors. I have the YZF R1 4 pots on my FZR until I can rebuild the OEM. But when I take them off I'll have to pull them apart to see. I have the gold pots on my R1, but they are the 04 radial mount.

Very cool. The next mod is in the pipe.

Yea start searching g an sacrifice the money.. 94 FZR 1000 and yfz 750 6 pot calipers are a direct replacement for our stock 4 pots. There hard to find tho! Sean might have some forsale when u get the money. But if u find them on ebay id say take the hit and get them because u might not find one again for a bit.

http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=24635

Never heard that about the pot colors. I have the YZF R1 4 pots on my FZR until I can rebuild the OEM. But when I take them off I'll have to pull them apart to see. I have the gold pots on my R1, but they are the 04 radial mount.

You talking about the radial 6 pot?? Because I think that guy was talking about the gold spot 4 pots compared to 4 pot blues

You talking about the radial 6 pot?? Because I think that guy was talking about the gold spot 4 pots compared to 4 pot blues

I have the radial 4 pots on my 2004 R1. The radial 4 pots on my 2005 R6 (silver pots) . The axial 4 pots (from a 2002-2003 R1) on my FZR1000. The Vmax has the stock brakes as does the Warrior, but I'm considering changes.

I have the radial 4 pots on my 2004 R1. The radial 4 pots on my 2005 R6 (silver pots) . The axial 4 pots (from a 2002-2003 R1) on my FZR1000. The Vmax has the stock brakes as does the Warrior, but I'm considering changes.

I had a 94 fzr 1000 I miss that baby. My first real bike. Love it!!!

What years of r1/r6 front brakes are direct bolt on?

BLUE DOT:
FZS600 1998-2003
THUNDERCAT 1996-2003
YZF R6 1999-2004
TDM900 2002-2005
FZS FAZER 1000 2001-2006
THUNDERACE 1996-2002
YZF R1 1998-2003
FJR 1300 2001-2005
XJR 1300 1999-2002

Some warriors have the silver spot calipers that will work as well. Can't remember the years though.

If get a set and want to rebuild it with new seals, you need 2 seal kits/caliper. Just found that one out myself.

I just installed 94 fzr1000 6 pots bolt right on with HH pad OMG its like night and day no comparison there amazing

Just flipping around the wonderful internet. Looking for a good deal on pads for my fzr 1000 6 pots coming in and found this...

http://www.fzronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5833

If this is true that's good info.. read the second post. Gold dots are better than the blue.. just an fyi. This may have already been brought up. But im still a green horn here

Does that also apply for 04-06 radial 4 pots as well? There are gold and silver, being silver harder to find than gold. My gray '04 R1 came with black forks and silver pots and i've seen black forks with golden pots and also golden forks with golden pots...

I have no clue. I just found this while searching info on FZR1000 6 Pots. Just thought it was good info and if anyone has torn apart golds could verify difference

Latest posts

Back