Race Tech Emulator install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightsmith

Reaction score
I am trying to put together a bit more comprehensive set of instructions for doing this install.

well, trying to install my set and not muck it all up.

On my 86 I am looking to drop the front about an inch. The bottoming out springs that came with the kit are longer than the stock ones. Does that mean I dont need to put another spacer in there?

How long do I need to cut the top spacers?

What level do I need to set the oil for the older forks?

And lastly, what settings on the emulator are you running?

Thanks for any help

Greg

Check out Sean's(one2dmax) facebook for Morley's Muscle. He has a hole bunch of how to video's on there. Id bet that you dont have to have a facebook account to view it.
Ive seen his How To on fork spring install, it covers all you questions. Im gonna use it when I get my new springs from Sean. ]
Good luck.

I am trying to put together a bit more comprehensive set of instructions for doing this install.

well, trying to install my set and not muck it all up.

On my 86 I am looking to drop the front about an inch. The bottoming out springs that came with the kit are longer than the stock ones. Does that mean I dont need to put another spacer in there?

How long do I need to cut the top spacers?

What level do I need to set the oil for the older forks?

And lastly, what settings on the emulator are you running?

Thanks for any help

Greg

The length of the top spacers depends on your initial sag measurement. You then cut the spacer to achieve the correct sag. It says in the RT instructions how much oil to put in and/or the measurement of the oil level in the fork with it fully extended. I think I have my emulators set at either 2.5 or 3 turns.

Ok, I think I have this figured out.

I set the emulators at 3 turns.

The oil level on the old forks is 5.5 inches below the top of the compressed tubes.

I couldnt get the racetech top out springs to fit in the tube, so I put a 1 inch spacer with the factory spring.

The top spacer worked out to be about 8 3/8ths protruding 5/16ths out of the top of the extended tube.

Well, thats how I installed it. Now I need to finish up some other work and drive the durn thing.

Thanks for the help.

Back