race tech suspension issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shitting on him via web reviews is fine, but I'd still return to the shop and try and get some money back. That's bullshit.

Say OP, Jim?

Being a newbie, I wanted to keep my seat in the back, but I have to offer my 0.02 cents.

At 205 plus gear and just the possibility of two up, there is NO WAY, I would match you up with 0.95 springs. 1.1 is more appropriate. I have done business with Race Tech for a decade. I have done' emulator cartridges on 4 bikes. In fact, everyone of my bikes has Race Tech Straight Rate Springs.

So, two issues to consider:

1. I could join in and scream injustice for you to go back to your mechanic. But, I'm not there afterwards to deal with one of the only games in town. So when I need a simple tire or special tool, I need this guy latter. So, easy for everyone to tell you to flame this guy, but as a matter of fact, YOU are the one who has to deal with him down the road or for as long as you live there. So, tough to call. And out of fairness of the this "honest" mechanic is that Race Tech puts together instructions that are flawed. My mechanic had to jury rig several washers with the tip welder because race tech springs didn't completely think through some of their "complete kits or diameters of the springs...they can be 1/10 off and it's not working as it should. So, as to this mechanic, I hope he is not as cocky as mine is...the only issue with my mechanic is...he is the cockiest guy in our bike world, but I have to bring it in only one (1) time. I almost never have to bring a bike back and say..."this ain't working right." So I just deal with his attitude. Like ...nothing personal.

2. Race Tech will swap out springs. And in this case, they were flat out wrong in giving you the correct matched spring rate. I highly recommend that you get that 1.0 and use the best syn 10/15 wt. blend. With the dead balls correct amount of volume.

Sorry for being long winded.

Jackster

Say OP, Jim?

Being a newbie, I wanted to keep my seat in the back, but I have to offer my 0.02 cents.

At 205 plus gear and just the possibility of two up, there is NO WAY, I would match you up with 0.95 springs. 1.1 is more appropriate. I have done business with Race Tech for a decade. I have done' emulator cartridges on 4 bikes. In fact, everyone of my bikes has Race Tech Straight Rate Springs.

So, two issues to consider:

1. I could join in and scream injustice for you to go back to your mechanic. But, I'm not there afterwards to deal with one of the only games in town. So when I need a simple tire or special tool, I need this guy latter.

2. Race Tech will swap out springs. And in this case, they were flat out wrong in giving you the correct matched spring rate. I highly recommend that you get that 1.0 and use the best syn 10/15 wt. blend. With the dead balls correct amount of volume.

Sorry for being long winded.

Jackster

Yea I thought that exact thing, I have lived in the area for over 30 years so unfortunately I don’t want to piss on the shoes of the only mechanic around, I’ve done almost all my own work for years, but I just got lazy and decided to pay someone to do the forks, my mistake.
As for the .95 springs I think they are great now, with the proper amount of 15 weight oil. I hardly ever ride two up, and defiantly don’t plan on getting heavier myself… lol

Back