Race tech v Progressive v whatever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylander

Reaction score
Finally time to start the upgrades on my bike so I'm wondering what y'all recomend.

I want to keep the stock looks, cause I like them and it's cheaper, so just gonna replace the springs.

What I want to know is wich one would be better? From what I've read so far Race teck with lowering blocks and emulators seems the way to go.

Once I've got that sorted I'll need help figuring out wich oneswould be best for me. I'm probably about 170lbs, my riding is mostly lots and lots of twisties but still want the bike stable enough to do drag racing.

Gonna do the whole shebang eventually (radial tyres, reat suspension upgrades, braced swingarm...) eventually but right now one of my fork seals is leaking and needs replaced so I figured it's as good a time as any to replace the springs.

Also what fork oil would y'all recomend?

Based on your riding style, I would say Race Tech with the Gold Emulators. This will give you the best results while retaining the stock forks.
Stick to the stock fork seals,Aftermarket seals seem to suck.I know many people,including me, who put in Never Leak seals and they blow out pretty quickly.

Race Tech will ask you your wieght and riding style when you order the springs.I have their strongest 1.0's.I also prefer 15 or 20 wt. oil.The thicker oil slows it down more.No more diving badly when braking and climbing while accelerating.Stock it used to be like a damn seesaw up there.

Race Tech will ask you your wieght and riding style when you order the springs.I have their strongest 1.0's.I also prefer 15 or 20 wt. oil.The thicker oil slows it down more.No more diving badly when braking and climbing while accelerating.Stock it used to be like a damn seesaw up there.

+1 to that... See saw?? I liken them to Pogo sticks myself... lol

I actually sent mine out to Race-Tech because they couldn't be 100% sure that the emulators would fit the 2006 forks. I paid 390.00 bucks which included shipping for them to do it all... I reused my seals as they only had 1200 miles on them...

I would highly recommend the straight rate springs over the progressive.

Keep in mind that EITHER is better than stock.:thumbs up:

I would say that for your weight 15 would suffice. If you do it yourself I would highly recommend Silkolene fork oil as it is rated the best by most fork builders.

FYI: VMOA members get 25% off parts from race-tech...

I went to racetech in Feb, and they made me a set of .90 while I was there. I used 20wt Bel-Ray synthetic oil with mine.

Where is the best place to get the Race Tech springs and emulators from, directly from Race Tech I assume?

Maybe I should join VMOA then.

To get them from the NZ importers would be $500NZD and that's without the springs? wtf?

The full kit I want (springs, emulatores and 1inch lowering) would only cost me $375NZD to get it to my doorstep.

I've got Racetech spring and Gold emulators in my forks, and they made a big improvement over stock. I don't know the specifics, because my local bike shop ordered and installed them for me.

I also have Works Performance Steel Tracker shocks out back. MUCH better than stock as well.

Latest posts

Back