Raced my 94 last night

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Houston Raceway park always says they follow NHRA rules, but on test and tune nights when I go it kinda depends on who's working tech.....I got passed through tech a dozen times before getting pulled out of the lineup by the starting line people for wearing black jeans instead of leathers.

Helemet, gloves, a good jacked, over the ankle boots and "Real" riding pants will usually get you through, although lately they started enforcing the Leathers as opposed to textile rule unless the textiles were most obviously of "racing" quality......

Never had a kill tether mentioned, although I see 'em out there on the faster bikes. I think you gotta break in to the 9's for that to happen at my track but not sure....I am sure that the guys running in the 10's are not being challenged about it....

One thing they are REAL sticklers about is starting line etiquette, i.e. mainly being don't do your burnout IN the water box, wet the tire and then pull forward out of the water and then do the burnout...screw that up and they'll definitely call you on it.....They don't want you dripping water all over the place

Messed around with the bike today, installed COPS kit from Gannon, made some spacers and bought some longer caliper bolts and got my strap for the front all set up and ready to go. Now just waiting on my tether kill switch to get here and I'm hoping to race again Friday. Pulled off my highway pegs (don't use them except for long trips) and took the brackets off for the luggage rack, all that weighed 8lbs plus doing the COPS I knocked off another 2lbs plus it's only Tuesday but I'm already down 6lbs from the weekend so that's at least 16lbs lighter plus I'll have the front strapped this time so I'm hoping to crack the 11's with it. Waiting on some parts from Sean so I can go through the carbs cause I'm pretty sure there is a few more ponies to be had too.

Attachments

• IMAG0080.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 29
srk468 I know what you mean about the ego thing with going lighter at gym. I'm 235lbs and i have a 500 pound bench press until last feb when i tore my peck. Now I don't have a choice anymore I am leaving it to the younger kids now.lol Excellent job on your time. Cardio helps but you will lose your pounds in the kitchen... Good luck buddy

srk468 I know what you mean about the ego thing with going lighter at gym. I'm 235lbs and i have a 500 pound bench press until last feb when i tore my peck. Now I don't have a choice anymore I am leaving it to the younger kids now.lol Excellent job on your time. Cardio helps but you will lose your pounds in the kitchen... Good luck buddy

Working on it now bro, dropping weight scary fast! LOL I turned up the cardio but just like you said I've being very anal about what I eat. Just loosing the water and bloat right now so I know it will slow down but it's only been about a week since I've gotten real serious about it again and I'm already down 12lbs LOL

what are you doing to the carbs?

I replaced the rubber diaphragms on my slides and took some main jet out of it, the 160's were way too rich so I'm at 155's now and might try to do another jet swap while I'm at the track next time cause its still just a tad rich so I might try the stock jets too.

Depending on your elevation I'd take it all the way down to 147.5's or 150's.... Did it on mine and it REALLY woke the bike up, stock jetting was way too rich for me and I'm at Sea level in Houston.....

So if I'm at sea level and am about to install 4into2 and pod filters, which main should I be using?

So if I'm at sea level and am about to install 4into2 and pod filters, which main should I be using?

If your doing pod filters you will HAVE to use "air correctors" they are part of a stage 7 kit. The bike won't run past idle without them.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=16981&page=2

First post in this thread is my current set up. I am at sea level....

The whole thread is just various Mikuni carb set ups, pretty handy..

150 or 147.5 if you are doing conventional stage seven. Probably a bit larger if using our kit.

Sean

How come some of you guys doing the Stage 7 are not drilling the slides?

My slides (with the Stage 7 springs) move plenty fast as is, so I didn't drill them. It pulls hard through the R's. I don't think I can gain very much improvement the way my setup is now, so I didn't bother.

It's optional, and there's no going back once you do it..The max is very easy to make too rich anyway, so many don't do it...Drilling them makes 'em open faster/easier...just as easy to tune that through spring strength and clip position I think...

Back