rear axle mount question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likembikem

Reaction score
I had my rear wheel off for a while during my fuel tank replacement. I 'thought' I knew where the washers on the rear axle went. The larger diameter one goes on the final drive side (left) under the nut. The smaller one has me puzzeled. Both the manual and bikebandit pictures show the smaller washer going on the axle first, outside the brake caliper axle mount, next to the larger diameter 'neck' of the axle. This cannot be so since the axle goes up inside the swingarm hole and is held by the pinch bolt. I know..... how could that happen; it has and I am in a bind. Can anyone help? does my question make sence? thanks:bang head:

The larger one goes between the brake stay and stepped flange of the axle (on the right side). The smaller one goes under the nut. There should be a flanged bushing that looks almost like a thick washer that goes into the seal side of the wheel and gives a surface for the brake stay to contact.

Sean

Back