rear red reflector/light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t3ttp

Reaction score
is the red reflector behind the seat a light? rectangular red piece above the fender.

Didn't know that. I will have thought it was mandatory in EU.
Anyway, I loved it when I replaced the rear reflector with a super bright brake light.
Changing the rear to sport tail section, I will need to figure out if it will be good enough.
I went for a LED tail light with integrated signals, just need to make sure it will be bright enough.

Never noticed anything different with the reflectors in the UK, but then I haven't made a point of looking.

A rear reflector is a requirement in the UK whereas side reflectors aren't.

Never noticed anything different with the reflectors in the UK, but then I haven't made a point of looking.

A rear reflector is a requirement in the UK whereas side reflectors aren't.

Another country another regulations.
We must cover the side reflectors on the tail light when we want to get v-max registered.
Its stupid couse evrybody after registration procedure runs with them visible...

I have one grab rail reflector from germany and its white, I mean not whithe reflector but white like lane on the road.

Actually guys, I have found an LED light bar that looks like it will be a direct fit for the reflector. It's 4.30" long for the ones with bolt flanges and I am not 100% sure on the dimension for the one without. The one without should be nearly perfect. I have to order them in box of 100 so would need to get some pre-orders if anyone is interested. Looking at $15 which is pretty cheap for an LED setup. They are not DOT approved (which half of every aftermarket is not).

Sean

Attachments

• LED Rear Lights.jpg
    LED Rear Lights.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 53
Looks cool!

But, for that mod You need radial tyre in the rear :)
I have a 6x17" almost ready for sell.

I know my friend, you're just right that will just perfect. :punk:
Let's see if I will still have the funds when you will sell it :eusa_dance:

My bike is having the full make over, so budget is getting low.

But dammed, a braced swing-arm and a radial 190 will be just perfect :rofl_200:

Sean, for $15 - $20 dollars, I'd be interested in pre-ordering / purchasing one of these LED lightbars for my 06 to replace the reflector. Do you see these as a supplemental running light, stop light, or both. Either way, kinda cool to add.

I have something similar but not sure where that original supplier got it from. It worked great as a sole source of light. This one may or may not be bright enough. I have to buy 100 of them so it's a big investment on my end. After the first of the year I may have enough budget to get some ordered up. I'll keep everyone up to speed on it.

Sean

Latest posts

Back