Rear rotor options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubba

Reaction score
TIP: Don't forget that to remove the pad lock you put on the rear rotor before you try and ride off... :clapping:

RESULT: One sad looking rotor... :ummm:

QUESTION: I had a look on eBay for a 1999 Vmax rear rotor but there was none, but there are a stack of R1 rear rotors... will they fit using the std Vmax caliper?

No, but the good news is that any year vmax rear will fit. Also, you can use the 92 and older right front rotor. I've got a few left at $75 each. You can get new aftermarkets as well. I show the retail for EBC is $140. I can probably beat that price too. It will even be a cross drilled rotor.

Sean

TIP: Don't forget that to remove the pad lock you put on the rear rotor before you try and ride off... :clapping:

QUESTION: I had a look on eBay for a 1999 Vmax rear rotor but there was none, but there are a stack of R1 rear rotors... will they fit using the std Vmax caliper?

Check out the FJR1200/1300 rotors. they are the same rear and R Front should work. also usually cheaper. I picked one up for $34 shipped

:ttiwwp:

We need to see if this surpasses Lankee's Doh award.:biglaugh:

Nah wasn't worth a pic... I was just moving it and Clunk. Bent the rotor. Thought I'd panel beat it whilst waiting for a replacement and it came out pretty good. Put some new pads in and she's as good as gold. :punk:

Tough things these Vmax's. Cheers for your thoughts.

Attachments

• DSC064401 (1).jpg
    DSC064401 (1).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 53
Chubba, maybe the rotor doesn't merit some pics, but how about the whole bike - looks like some unique, let's see some pics of it - I see you have none in the garage section yet - come on, share with us!

Mike

Ya I'll say so! That's some (even phatter than mine) arse cruiser mod on a max base that loox pretty mental.

Wanna see more pix too!!

Aww you boys are too kind.:worthy:

Bike is still a way off from being finished.
I can't stop riding it long enough to finish it...

Have rear turn signals to finish.
These are on top on shock posts. Will be populated with LED's.
Front LED's are loaded in front scoops.
You can hardly see them until there blinking... look killer

Will be covering seat with leather over some thin high density foam, with matching thin saddlebags on each side of the fuel tank.

Just finished paint but not overly happy with it... too much white I think. Prefered the rockabily look of the primer. I'm thinking of re painting matt black with 50's white pinstripe and maybe a copper color tank... dunno yet.

Don't know how to upload into the Garage...

Thanks for the good vibe...

Chubs

Attachments

• DSC06433.jpg
    DSC06433.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC06434.jpg
    DSC06434.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC06438.jpg
    DSC06438.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 45
fantastic looking bike chubb!! Love the styling, definitely one of the most unique max i've seen so far!

To upload to the garage, click on Gallery in the tool bar, then click on 'Add Album' on the top left and upload yer pic away.

Good'day m8 ;-)

Chubba, very nice job so far - bike looks very unique and looks like a sleeper bike - nice to see something different on a vmax

Mike

Last edited:
looks sweet Chub, definately one of a kind. you should be proud. :punk:

I agree Chris, if that aint mod monkey material I don't know what is.

I'd love to see a vido of your bike spanking a crotch rocket.... I'd laugh my butt off...

Back