Rear shock as for the V-max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
I'm going to retire my Progressive 11.5 rear shocks to improve comfort and ground clearance. I'm considering these Works Pro-racer units or similar spec Wilbers or YSS units.

Has anybody used them?
What feedback can you offer?
Any other recommendations?

Attachments

• street_pair_pro_racer_racer_drs_640x480.jpg
    street_pair_pro_racer_racer_drs_640x480.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 30
I'm going to retire my Progressive 11.5 rear shocks to improve comfort and ground clearance. I'm considering these Works Pro-racer units or similar spec Wilbers or YSS units.

Has anybody used them?

Everything I have heard on Works shocks have been thumbs up. Those are a nice looking model you want too! That's on my to do list.

I have the 11.5's on my max and they are crap... I need more rebound control and will probably go to a 12" instead as I am now running an 18" rear wheel and need the clearance... :bang head:

I had 11.5 progressives and got rid of them 'cause one of them leaked out ALL the oil at 2 years 12,000 miles.

I bought a set of used Works street trackers with dual rate springs and preload adjusters in stock length and am much happier with them. They are real soft the first inch or so and then the high rate spring takes over. The bike rides alot better at stock heigth also after bringing the front back up to stock heigth as well. The works are also rebuildable and can be sprung and valved differently as many times as you want.

Rusty

Thanks Rusty that's good info. I'll post a a pick as soon as I fit them.

Has anybody used them?

What are you paying for those, $1200?

What are you paying for those, $1200?

Hi Sean. Something like $1200, that but haven't decided on all the options I want yet. Any of the models I have looked at are in this range.
Shipping will probably add at least another $100 U.S.

Is there a reason for your question or are you just curious?

Here are picks of the other units. YSS are available locally for about 900 - 1000 Aust. Dollars while Wilbers are about the same as the Works units.

Attachments

• wilbers 633TS_SL_b.jpg
    wilbers 633TS_SL_b.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 17
  • YSS G366RCL.jpg
    YSS G366RCL.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 8
Those Wilburs look very similar to the Hyperpros I was originally looking at but they (Hyperpros) were almost twice as much as the Ohlins.

if you can find some used zrx 1100/1200 shocks cheap, they would be an ok alternative for piggy back shocks.

the 1100 shocks are a little shorter thatn the 1200. both are longer than the max shocks by about an inch. my rear tire touches the ground now when on the center stand.

they are made by kayaba/kyb and have preload, compression and rebound adjustments.

i'm still fiddling with mine at the moment, but they are tons better than the stockers.

the only thing needed to bolt them on is to swap the bottom bushings.

Latest posts

Back