Red striped tires or the rim?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Is that red stripe I see on some Vmax's on the actual rim? Or is that a red walled tire?

And if so - where can you buy them?

Thanks guy.
________
Subaru EA engine

Last edited:
I've seen stripe kits in several colors, at the dealership I bought my Max from.

I've had the rim stripes on both my bikes for years and they hold up just fine. Great price BTW. I have the Stealth stripes on the Max. They don't show during the day but are reflective at night. The poor old slow ZX 11 has blue strips that really set it off.
Tempting to change the stripes on the Max though.
Lew

I put some of this on my CBR, http://www.motosport.com/street/pro...E-REFLECTIVE-RED/?catalogId=109279&words=tape

(Don't pay much attention to the one reviewer who gave it one star, this stuff is a proven product on many biker boards.)

It comes in other colors too. Never tried the one on ebay, but it looks nice too.

My '05 Max has the rim stripes built in which is cool, but this red tape above is reflective, and looks soooo cool when the lights hit it!

I had the red pinstripe put on my rims last winter, cost about $170, and he painted it, not sticky stripe shit. So far it has lasted great, it's a bit thicker than the other pinstripes and stands out a bit more.

My bike came with the striped wheels... They're painted on from the factory. They sit in the basement now collecting dust... lol

Chris

Latest posts

Back