Redbone Mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't leave the rear brake hose like that Brian... Leave it with no bends

I wouldn't leave the rear brake hose like that Brian... Leave it with no bends
I agree that having the line as straight as possible is best, but this setup has the brake line running through the swingarm. I tried using a 30* bend going straight up at the S/A opening but it would have been a tighter turn. This routing gives the line the gentlest turns.

I found the issue with my back wheel, it seems that the brake arm axle mount is wider than the stock unit by the width of...you guessed it, the brake side washer! Once I eliminated the washer on the brake side and the washer on the drive side (I was finding it hard to get the cotter pin in) everything went together as normal. I have the shock reloaction bracket on the drive side which serves as my washer. I even have a dimes width of clearance on the wheel/ swingarm (drive side) now.

Very nice catch.

I found the issue with my back wheel, it seems that the brake arm axle mount is wider than the stock unit by the width of...you guessed it, the brake side washer! Once I eliminated the washer on the brake side and the washer on the drive side (I was finding it hard to get the cotter pin in) everything went together as normal. I have the shock reloaction bracket on the drive side which serves as my washer. I even have a dimes width of clearance on the wheel/ swingarm (drive side) now.

now u can torque it down and it'll spin nice?

now u can torque it down and it'll spin nice?
It does spin, by hand, about a full rotation. I may get a thin SS washer to fit in between the castelgated nut and shock relocation bracket just so the nut doesn't tear up the P/Cing any more on hte bracket. I really want to find one of those Otec nuts (like Dale - Veebooster has).
Thanks for the nice compliments! It means a lot coming from such dedicated Vmax owners!!!!:worthy:

We have a new axle cover set that you may want. I need to get more on hand though.

Sean

Looking awesome Brian! :eusa_dance: That interior brake line is a pretty cool idea.

Dale #2592

Back