rephased xs650

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruit_nut

Reaction score
g'day from OZ.,

I also own and race an xs speedway side car at classic speedway events, or at least I did until 8 months ago.
In febuary I stripped the motor down for a rebuild, and decided I would rephase the motor.
I found a prominent website that claimed expertise in this field with xs650s. That site was "650motorcycles.com", and I dealt with a person called Bob/Paul Bertaut. He gave me prices pertinent to my requirements, and I trustingly sent him AU$2,325.00 for parts, machining, and freight.
8 MONTHS LATER I HAVE NO MORE THAN A LOT OF BULLSHIT STORIES,
but no parts or money.
So, if you require motorcycle parts, and come across this site,or name, be warned, go there at your own peril!
I hope I save others from the inconvenience and embarrassment of being conned.

Is this the address you sent the $$ to? Maybe one of our friends out in CA and pay this guy a visit???

Creative Vehicle, Inc.
2525 Shelter Island Drive, Suite E
San Diego, CA 92106

mmmm i like your idea jeff. we have a few guys out in CA that may be willing to pay a visit (nicely at first) to see what they can refuse to a person.

Yep, if that doesn't work. Send a note to the FBI since it involves interstate transactions. If they are a U.S. company they can get in some deep shit if they frauded you.

Sean

Yep, if that doesn't work. Send a note to the FBI since it involves interstate transactions. If they are a U.S. company they can get in some deep shit if they frauded you.

Sean

will that work since hes from aus?

We have a hard time doing it from here because places like Nigeria doesn't have any good working government or hard enforced laws. BUT, we do have laws here that will apply to the seller and he should still be able to build a case.

First thing I would do is conact the local attourneys office in the city the seller lives in. They should be listed on the net somewhere with an email contact. Tell them the story and ask them to check on the business for you.

It's one thing to screw someone within your own city or even states boundaries. Once they cross the line then it becomes a federal matter. Especially if they used the mail system for payment because then it's mail fraud.

Sean

If you've paid via credit card just make an chargeback.
If paypal then perform the problem advance at online help at paypal website.

I have a problem once with one european parts dealer.
It was the same as you, i've wait a month and juest send an email to paypal
and within 2 weeks i've recieved my money back.
Dont wait, just do it.

still waiting for my money.
I have perused various blog sites, and it seems that, not only has Paul/Bob Bertaut taken others for a ride, it also seems that a lot of information that he offers(which makes us think that he is some sort of wizz kid) is plagiarised from various true experts! Isn't the web a wonderful thing!

Back