Rescheduled MI Traverse City ride.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
*** NEW DATE IS SUNDAY 8-21-11 ***
Due to my work schedule being changed and lots of conflicts with our MI riders social calenders for Saturday the 13 I moved the ride out to Sunday the 21st. Sorry for any inconvenience but I'm hoping this will open the ride up to more people.

I set the date for the lake shore to Traverse city ride, if you rode with us last year you know how nice of a ride it was, if you missed it last year here is your chance to join this years ride. The more Vmaxes we can get the better, but other bikes are welcome as well. Our one day round trip took us over 400 miles last year hugging the the shore line of lake MI and passing by numerous inland lakes. Riding the twisty scenic M22 through all the small towns is worth doing the ride just by it's self.

Date - Sunday 8-21-11

Time - 8AM ( Breakfast )

Ride - 9AM sharp!

Place - Bob Evens restaurant ( Same as last year )

Location - Corner of US-31 & M46 ( Apple AVE )

I also have a 24' camper I can park in my drive way if a couple of people would rather come in the night before, or stay the night after the ride to help ease the pain of the long ride and avoid motel cost. Your more then welcome to use it just let me know. It has a queen bed in the front and 2 bunks in the rear.

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for the heads up. I am supposed to be returning from camping that morning, but I might be able to work something out, perhaps take the bike camping then shoot over from Mesick to your place. I will give it some thought and let you know.

*** NEW DATE IS SUNDAY 8-21-11 ***
Due to my work schedule being changed and lots of conflicts with our MI riders social calenders for Saturday the 13 I moved the ride out to Sunday the 21st. Sorry for any inconvenience but I'm hoping this will open the ride up to more people.

I set the date for the lake shore to Traverse city ride, if you rode with us last year you know how nice of a ride it was, if you missed it last year here is your chance to join this years ride. The more Vmaxes we can get the better, but other bikes are welcome as well. Our one day round trip took us over 400 miles last year hugging the the shore line of lake MI and passing by numerous inland lakes. Riding the twisty scenic M22 through all the small towns is worth doing the ride just by it's self.

Date - Sunday 8-21-11

Time - 8AM ( Breakfast )

Ride - 9AM sharp!

Place - Bob Evens restaurant ( Same as last year )

Location - Corner of US-31 & M46 ( Apple AVE )

I also have a 24' camper I can park in my drive way if a couple of people would rather come in the night before, or stay the night after the ride to help ease the pain of the long ride and avoid motel cost. Your more then welcome to use it just let me know. It has a queen bed in the front and 2 bunks in the rear.

Hey Hey, I think I might be able to make this one! I may have to leave ya'll at the northern most point but it still should work!

I sure hope you can make it Magna!............You too Brian, looking foreward to an awsome ride!...........Looks like we're picking up some others who couldn't make it on the 13th, Just hoping for good riding weather!.....................Tom.

That works much better for me! I may be a bit hung over,but i will load her up and be ready to go.By chance is there a place around bob evans to leave my truck and trailer? :ummm:

I don't know your schedule Slobman but I've got a spot for your rig here in Wyoming "south end of GR"........You could unload here and we can ride to muskegon together, afterwards I can help ya tie her down and you would be 40 miles closer to home!..........................Tom.

I'm really bummed :tantrum: ..... this was on my calendar to do, but a family request has trumped this and is going to keep me from participating in this years ride. And just as I got the carbs tweeked to perfection with the Morley Jet kit installed. I'm looking forward and should be able to make some of the other Michigan rides being planned.

For all those going on this Traverse City ride .... hope you have great weather like last year. You WILL have a great time.

Hey thanks Tom! my problem is a 50th birthday party sat. nite that will involve beer.I plan on leaving town at six and heading right to muskeegan.I'm gonna need the two hours of truck time to get my head right. If it weren't for the party i would stay at my brothers in wyoming and met you to ride there.Thanks again for the offer.See you at bob evans. Rob.

Chuck, I have a good feeling about the weather next sunday. Gonna be a beauty! Cant wait.:eusa_dance:

Hey Chuck,
We are still headn over to Mesick for a well needed break, and weekend that is kid-free. Still looking forward to getting over to the the West-Side for a nice cruise around Muskeagan lake. Hope everyone has fun and rides safe

Im so excited, i changed to a fourty tooth rear sprocket an dropped my new front tire and rim off at hunts hog shop to get it mounted for sunday. Two new sticky's on both ends! Avon viper extreme rocks! Wont last long, but I wont go down do to a loss of traction. Trailer is all hooked up for the trip.Also told the girlfriend that this should be a guy(rip it up)trip, hope no chicks show up. Anybody bringing there girl? Please let me know. :ummm:

It's all good, chicks are more them welcome to join this ride. I will make sure we still have plenty of rip riding in the right areas. I don't expect anyone to ever feel like they have to " keep up " and we will always wait for the slower riders to catch up when we let off the throttle, no Vmax left behind. We are known to ride a little on the aggresive side here on the west side, but we will adapt to accommodate all riders. This will be a great ride and the weather is looking perfect!:punk:

Last edited:
I can't make it, my brother is having some medical issues that I need to be around for. I hope to still make it down in Sept with the ticker.

That's too bad Brian...........We understand priorities, well wishes to your bro and look foreward to meeting up in sept!..............The ride to Hell is Oct 2nd, think you can make it?

Back