Respect of wearing surplus?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a former Navy vet I used to wear my peacoat 'til I got too big for it. Like everyone else is saying however, the first thing I did was remove my rating patch.

As long as you're being respectful (as is no-doubt the case here with you), you're good Bro.

--

why would it be disrespectful for you to wear it dev?

I was in the army from 1990-1994 I say there's nothing wrong with wearing surplus.Unless you're in the military they're clothes & not uniforms,(I think you should take off the unit patches though). It was explained to me by my C.O. that the reason the flag is reversed is it is moving forward, the standard way makes it appear to be in retreat. Bush#1 had us reverse them when we went to dessert storm.

if you still have the unit patch, please PM me and let me know. have a friend here in CO who would probably like to have it (retired Army).

I agree with all.

I would like you all to consider the respect of wearing the POW/MIA patch on jackets, bandannnas, vests, hats, etc., and not knowing the name of our most recent POW from Afghanistan. Many of you may keep current with this stuff, so if the shoe fits...

I cornered several harley riders with this POW/MIA logo festooned everywhere on their gear, and they could not tell me anything about POWs, past or present.

It even says, "you are not forgotten" at the bottom.

This, I feel, is the utmost disrespect to those who have served and still serve today.

Go spread the word at your next event or ride. Dont forget Bowe. He sure is not forgetting us right now.

Ski

I've noticed that also. I always thought the POW/MIA thing was for family or friends of someone who was as a sign of remembrance. Though I see it way too often for that to be the case, so I guess it's becoming part of the Harley store bought image.

I've seen a couple times(actually both times on women), that was a variant of the POW/MIA seal, but at the bottom it says "I wasn't there but I still care".

Back